Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The FORT Interview with Jayla, 12/02/05

Hello Kitty Fanatic krazysexxykool's Avatar
    Can't stand her, I'm glad she's gone, Nik was right about karma.

Great interview!

Very telling.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    Much of my thoughts about her have changed by reading this interview. I could not stand her on the show but I like her a lot better after reading some of her thoughts behind her actions. I still think she got further than she should have but I am not a judge.

This interview certainly helps me understand her a little more. She'll probably do well once her maturity level rises.

Thanks Hepcat!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

I agree, she will do some growing up over the next few years and do well.

As far as the homeschooling goes, give me a break! I've known a few homeschooled kids, and they are usually very intelligent, far ahead of their peers academically, and perfectly normal in a social sense. If Lisa was homeschooled, people would say she was nuts because of homeschooling. If Bre was homeschooled, people would say she was a holier-than-thou b**** because of homeschooling. People are who they are, and there are lots of nutty people who are terrible socially even though they have been trained at schools. Jayla probably got plenty of social interaction, just not at a school. Big deal.

And no, I was not homeschooled.

this interview made me like her
    "this love is unbreakable..."

the unmarked, mass grave of industry rejects
    Quote Originally Posted by taffina View Post
    Um lets see. Nicole is taller, better looking, has a stronger portfolio, and a better walk.

Yea, Jayla sure is close to being better than Nicole.

Alriiiiighty then.
    I think she's right about Nicole in the sense that she is very ditzy and doesn't really give the impression of caring much or trying hard or having a competitive spirit, but somehow the judges like her at the end anyway. Nicole also has a flabby body (though she is very thin there is not much tone). It is debatable who is better looking because Jayla has a very unique classic look and Nicole is like the flavor of the week (the dollface). Just depends on what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by pleightx View Post
    I don't know why people keep making up excuses for her crappy bollywood photo (oh they set her up to fail). If Lisa was in that shot, she would have knocked it out of the ballpark! Jayla is a one-note model wannabe. Remember the blow up doll photo? She has no range at all. And she's still pretty delusional about everything. All those "i'm prettiest" and "I'll shadow the winner" talk. Yeah right, honey. In your dreams!
    If you want to analyze this issue in a detached way:
    1) nobody else was off-center.
    2) nobody else had people standing around them at their height level (they were all crouched or some such).
    3) Cleopatra = nothing to do with Bollywood, Nigel must have lost his way to Sri Lanka and ended up in Egypt. That's just lameeeee.

At first I didn't like the comments Jayla would pull, but I do see her point about the immaturity and cliquishness of the other girls. Her and Lisa are my favs now. She is very accurate about the assessments of the other girls and it is clear that she is quite an observer. But where she is delusional is that she thinks she is unique (as Kim had said) due to the music she listens to or whatever. I think it's a different type of immaturity but overall, all the girls were terribly immature except maybe Nik and Diane. Their immaturity was just acceptable in that group because they ALL acted like that. When they get into their little gossipy groups it reminds me of middle school and makes me ill. About the Nik incident, she was probably fuming about being snubbed that night and then forgot about it as the weeks passed, because there was no friction between them at any later points in time. Compare this to the friction between other people in the house, which lasted for weeks on end. I'd say that it wasn't a big deal for either Nik or Jayla and they must have realized the ridiculousness of it all. Hooray for dramatic editing.

Jayla... ah~! I'm so sad she's gone.