Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The FORT Interview with Jayla, 12/02/05

She must be on crack if she thinks she should have made it farther than Nicole. All you have to do is look at their portfolios to see why Nicole is still in this competition!

FORT Regular
    well said... the immaturity comment popped right out for me too...

we all project our own insecurities and failings onto others more than we realize

ALSO... this is a little catty, but do you think Jayla is the type to want to be friends with the WINNER of the competition to get contacts?

I just don't see her and Bre getting along, and I'm wondering if she's trying to hang onto the winner's coattails (obviously if Bre won). I think though i'm hung up on the Mr. Jay statement and the Cinderella thing. ANTM gives out these clues that are shallower than the show and ultimately mean nothing.

OR Bre and Jayla are harvesting sour grapes together... who knows?

I wish they would get a better batch for next time... taller, thinner, etc

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Thanks, Hepcat! You do such an excellent job with these interviews, they are a joy to read.

As for Jayla, I also have to agree with tyramail that she doesn't seem to really be in touch with herself. She is convinced her "girly drama" problems stem from other people's immaturity. Ahem. Someone needs to take a good long look in the mirror--or at video of this last season. Also, in describing the other girls, she couldn't quite grasp the 1-2 words scenario. At least she didn't describe Nik as a "stupid, stupid bitch."

Anyway, she's a pretty girl and good on her for getting as far as she did. She did seem to learn things from this experience, and I hope she continues to mature and grow.

Nicole - I think that I should have gone farther than her.

In another interview that I read , Jayla said she had no idea the confessionals were taped and use for tv.

Thanks for the interview Hepcat.

IMO I can see why Jayla was not liked by most of the eliminated girls.

FORT Regular
    yeah, it's a little scary to see the depths of her delusion actually. Whatever your opinion might be, Nicole empirically speaking is the best looking of everyone there.

Nicole's face is very symmetrical with well proportioned features, great skin, good hair, enough height, and thin enough. Pretty eyes, Great smile too.

Nicole can also can be very graceful, she uses her hands, arms, and eyes well, and has a good walk.

Also, despite what people say, Nicole is a bubbly and upbeat personality... I think it will come out more as she adjusts to life outside of North Dakota. She's sweet, and I think is a relatively balanced person.

Quote Originally Posted by shananana View Post
    She must be on crack if she thinks she should have made it farther than Nicole. All you have to do is look at their portfolios to see why Nicole is still in this competition!

FORT Regular
    I guess like someone said about Keenyah, if you're going to be working with people, and in the public eye, then you need to balance opinion, confidence, and identity with subtlety and diplomacy. ESPECIALLY when you're starting out

Quote Originally Posted by viv_smi98 View Post
    Most of them were really nice. She had more good things to say about people than Kim or Lisa did.

great interview she moved up in my estimation of her but she is still quite deluded when it comes to her behavior and she blames it on being home schooled and working anyway I don't think that she should have made it further than Nicole so she needs to get a grip with that one.

Very Opinionated! seen&heardall's Avatar
    Thanks Hepcat for the interview . .

. .

. . .

. . . .

I still don't like her!

AJ/Brooke/Megg/Mel/Mich Acidian's Avatar
    Loved the interview! THis has actually made me like Jayla even more than I did up to before the point when I read the interview. I think this is one of the best interviews (my opinion).

straight guy, not a girl i love kahlen's Avatar
    I love jayla more now, she had a lot better things to say about contestants than the other girls... i hope she does great in modeling

FORT Fanatic
    I now understand why Jayla is the way she is. I really hoped Bre got eliminated instead of her, even thou I'm not fans of both.