Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The FORT Interview with Kim, 11/28/05

FORT Anomaly
    Quote Originally Posted by aga View Post
    I think he felt compelled to speak up about Kim and when he did, the comment was usually absurd.
    So true. But really, what comment has Miss Jay ever said that hasn't been absurd. He has no qualifications to judge photographs. The girls' walk, yes, but everything else? No. He has no business at all being on the judging panel...

Nik... conniving?

That interview was interesting.. It doesn't seem like the judges were trying to change her sexuality, just that they were trying to get her to look more feminine. Before that her pictures were just bad, not even in an androgynous way. It bothered me that she said that about Ms. Jay when she was dancing and clapping!! That is not gender/ identity/ sexuality/ expression whatever. lol. I thought Ms. Jay used to be a model? I think he should be able to judge pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by denise xx View Post
    Nik... conniving?

That interview was interesting.. It doesn't seem like the judges were trying to change her sexuality, just that they were trying to get her to look more feminine. Before that her pictures were just bad, not even in an androgynous way. It bothered me that she said that about Ms. Jay when she was dancing and clapping!! That is not gender/ identity/ sexuality/ expression whatever. lol.
    Well, because of the editing we don't know if she said that comment precisely after the dancing, or if she was referring to another incident, or in general how she perceived Ms. Jay as hard on her. I think JAy was hard on her because he knows how hard it is to deal with gender and identity like the others said, tough love.

The thing that bothered me during the show is that I DON'T think the judges were trying to make her more femenine. Most of the shoots were rather crappy and the two that were really femenine were the car one and the Venus one. But with the Venus one, they held back and instead of having a long haired, ultra girlish Venus they kept her hair the same way and gave her an outfit that in my opinion didn't do justice to the romantic ideal of the painting.

I kept wanting to see Kim in a Japanese themed shoot dressed in an anime inspired outfit. Or a very sci-fi shoot where she would look like a futuristic assasin (kind of like Aeon Flux). Or a real gender-bender shoot, probably a nude. All my hopes were dashed

I would have also loved to see Lisa in a Japanese theme, like a geisha.

Great interview! I think Kim will do well in whatever she chooses, she seems like a cool, down-to-earth person. Although I don't believe she really forgot about what happened in the phone booth situation...

Quote Originally Posted by viv_smi98 View Post
    Great interview! I think Kim will do well in whatever she chooses, she seems like a cool, down-to-earth person. Although I don't believe she really forgot about what happened in the phone booth situation...
    I think Tyra might have threatened the girls to keep quiet about that, hahaha.

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by viv_smi98 View Post
    ...Although I don't believe she really forgot about what happened in the phone booth situation...
    Ditto.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Thanks for the interview, Hepcat! Great job as usual.

I think this interview confirmed my feelings about Kim. She's witty and funny, but not sincere. Sarah is "trying?" Harsh.

Add me to the list of folks who think she wasn't being honest about the phone booth shoot. Reminds me of how much I miss Lisa.

I do give her the benefit of the doubt -- she probably wasn't backbiting any more than anyone else. But I wonder why she thinks Nik is conniving. It doesn't seem like she's clever enough to be conniving. Oh, but maybe that's all a part of her plan!
    Last edited by MotherSister; 11-28-2005 at 11:34 PM.

Thanks for the interview , it was great. Kim if your'e reading this good luck with your modeling and acting . I hope you're very succesful.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    But I wonder why she thinks Nik is conniving. It doesn't seem like she's clever enough to be conniving. Oh, but maybe that's all a part of her plan!
    Remember last season when they edited Kahlen to be shy and quiet, and now recent pics of her flashing her goodies and partying have surfaced? What we see on TV may be far from the truth...

I disliked Kim a lot, but now even more so
    It seemed like she was biased towards nicole and said that she would be most successful (Maybe just me)
    Also, Nik Conniving?
    Ashley fake?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast