Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The FORT Interview with Lisa, 11/20/05

aga
    FORTified
    I don't have a problem with the "fairness" of the ten extra shots since Lisa's phonebooth photos were highly praised at panel. It would be another story if they came up with some bogus criticism of her phonebooth photo.

ETA:
    Thanks hep for the interview.
    Last edited by aga; 11-21-2005 at 12:56 PM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Even though I think Lisa's a little out there for my taste, at least she's been consistent about it and I'm a big fan of consistency. She took some great pictures and I could easily see her getting work.

Thanks Hepcat for the interview
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

been_supporting_April aprilshouldawin's Avatar
    "Did you think your age would be a factor, considering most models are starting when you first did at 14?

No, I didnít think it would be a factor. I follow a healthy diet, I take care of my skin, and being almost 25 isnít really a big deal the way it was back in the earlier days of modeling. I think being a little older was an advantage, really, because I am very clear on who I am and some of the girls didnít know themselves very well."
    If this is the case, I wonder why they have been choosing girls who barely reach puberty as a model........

"That leads into my next question. We heard over and over again that you took great pictures, and your behavior in the house was not brought up at panel. How can someone with great photos end up on the chopping block at this point in the competition?

Yeah, I donít have the answers for you. Itís a very confusing process when youíre in it. So when I was watching it on TV I expected it to make sense but Iím still confused about it all. (laughs) Yeah, I can be outrageous at times, but all in all, I just like to have fun and whatís wrong with that? The thing is, every girl had her moment, but the one who got the most ratings was mine, so it was like the Lisa show.

Do you read the Internet sites where fans talk about the show?

Yeah, people think I need to go to a psychiatric ward. Well, those people need to not take themselves so seriously. I mean, of course I put myself out there for scrutiny, but I didnít think everyone else in this whole world was so uptight. They can judge it, frown upon it and write nasty things about it the next day, but Iím sure when they were watching it they were laughing their asses off. That was my number one intention Ė to put a smile on peopleís faces. People write such ugly things about me, itís kind of like, damn, you all are just angry people! You just need to smile, man. Put some positive light in your life."
    What an ego maniac.... And I did not laugh when you peed in that diaper or I'm not angry at you; I'm disgusted. So what if it was the Wild Boyz? They're paid to do their silly things; you weren't. Please, get it all together for a change. Goddddddd.

FORT Anomaly
    I don't know, whether or not you think her antics were over the top or not (I, myself, had a soft spot for Lisa by the end of her run), she was definitely dead on about what she said about Tyra & Co. looking for someone who they can mold into whatever they want. Bahh...

Regardless, congrats to her for getting so far.

A sidenote: Hepcat, do you know why she declined to answer about the other girls? She seemed so upfront about everything else, it seems odd that she would shy away from giving her opinion there... Was there an ANTM Public Relations person there or something that put a stop to it?

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer
    Interesting interview. I hope Lisa gets some show biz (if not modeling) work out of this, because she certainly is talented.

I also think she's somewhat defensive and delusionalÖ
    I was just going to say basically the same thing. There are times in life when it is actually appropirate to feel down, or sad, or stressed, or anything else less than shiny/happy/perky. She seems to be running from some serious pain in her life.

I do love the fact that she's a fighter, though. And I take back what I said about her being hard to have as a friend. I just think she'd be exhausting!

Thanks, hepcat.

ETA: It really was refreshing to hear someone speak so candidly about the whole ANTM process. I wish all the girls with real potential could understand that, and hopefully be strengthened in their pursuit of real modeling (like Ann).
    Last edited by jasmar; 11-21-2005 at 01:55 PM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by whitsun9
    A sidenote: Hepcat, do you know why she declined to answer about the other girls? She seemed so upfront about everything else, it seems odd that she would shy away from giving her opinion there... Was there an ANTM Public Relations person there or something that put a stop to it?
    No, I think that's just her way and she really tries not to say anything harsh about people. I remember when they had that mock interview and the guy was just setting her up to say something nasty about Coryn (ie: "Who is it in the house that you just can't stand?") and she just completely turned it around on him and changed the subject ("Hey, aren't we supposed to be talking about deoderant here? Secret Blah blah blah...). Trashing people doesn't seem to be her style.

I enjoyed Lisa and was sad to see her go. Seeing her transform from being average in person to this wondrous creature in her pictures was something I looked forward to seeing week after week, as well as her doing silly things to cheer people up. "Take a break! Eat a Cookie!" has got to be one of the greatest lines ever." The pee thing was too out there though. And I too find it ...strange that they had a bunch of diapers right where Lisa was swimming.

Lauren Bacall:My TopModel MarryMeYoanna's Avatar
    Lisa has a great future ahead of her. She has done more work than any of the other girls, and she will GET more work than any of the other girls in the future. In my mind she truly is America's Top Model, and her talent and spunk is an inspiration to a lot of people who see being true to yourself as more important than being a cog in a wheel. The girl has dignity. And when you can pee yourself and still have dignity, thats the ultimate in cool...
    You donít need to repeat this, there is no ceremony any more, everybody is gone and you say this out loud to yourself. I was alone at the time and the time now is always. Always was a word that you used in promises, it is valueless.
    -Ernest Hemingway

Yeah, I just realized. I don't think we've ever seen Lisa talking trash about others behind their back. I know she was giving them 'advices' on things, and the whole Coryn thing, but she was always talking to their faces. As oppose to other girls who were nice to each others' faces, but talked trash behind their back.

Nonsense. I have read interviews, which I am not allowed to link to, where Lisa talks crap about some of the girls.
    Frankly her saying she was the best at everything is a joke too.
    Her fashion victim pic, her plastic surgery pic, and the wildboyz pic was not the best and was not roundly loved by the judges at all.
    Also, did she not forget her lines and start dancing during an interview challenge and then complained so loud because she lost the directoer of the VH1 show had to tell her to be quiet. Benny Medina called her Veronica Mars audition "weird" because she broke down and started crying.

I think Lisa has some delusions of grandeur.

jmo

Anyway, Thanks for the interview HEPCAT.

I cannot wait for the next one.....hopefully it's not Nicole!
    Last edited by bitter~sweet; 11-21-2005 at 03:04 PM.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar
    Thanks for the interview!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    I was just going to say basically the same thing. There are times in life when it is actually appropirate to feel down, or sad, or stressed, or anything else less than shiny/happy/perky. She seems to be running from some serious pain in her life.
    I agree with that.. I do think this girl has no malice in her and is generally a nice girl with good experience but she has no EQ and just cant handle communication. She sure has tried to frame alot of justifications but they are not convincing. She was all "Im not jealous" yet it was dripping with jealousy, her tone towards Kim and its kinda hard to blame editing when we can see at the same time, the other girls in the frame and their response to it.

I do think she is one of the most experienced contestant, if not the most, but she is in denial if she thinks she did the best for everything. Kyle had the most obvious potential. Even Janice totally favoured Kyle and we know Janice generally picks the better lasting girls than Tyra.. Lisa might have been called before Nicole for the secrets shoot but the clients are using Nicole's picture instead. And Nicole is still there.... confidence is not a bad thing but I think Lisa's bordering defensive here.

I do like her commenting on Tyra and friends' aim to look for someone to mould though...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast