Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Things I've learned from ANTM

I learned that if youre fierce, you will be a model. If you are not fierce, then you will amount to nothing.

You could take 50 amazing shots, but somehow they don't seem to appear during judging.
    "To be is to do"--Socrates.
    "To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra

I'm the queen of misspelling

Didn't Jay Manuel say in an earlier cycle something to the effect "Girls, when putting up your makeup, don't forget your necks b/c the guys sure don't!" At least, in my mind he has b/c on the rare occassion that I wear makeup, I hear his voice in my head!!
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

I've learned that sometimes you may have more talent and better pictures than other girls but if there's no drama it's not good t.v and your going home
    Believe Half of What You See and None of What you Hear.

Here are some things that I have learned from ANTM:

- 98% of models smoke.
    - Successful models must be humble and have a good "story." Egotistical models don't get work - just look at Naomi Campbell. And you can keep going even if you take mediocre photos or if you're under 5'8" if you make for interesting TV.
    - If you're plus-sized, you have to be twice as good as the skinnier models. Though I think that one does carry over to real life.
    - Models must be "warm" and not analytical.

Oh yeah

If you are plus size, remember that your personality should be just as big. They expect big girls to have big personalities. If youre big and small or no personality. OUT. (Mary
    "this love is unbreakable..."

I learned that no matter how much Janice likes a certain contestant, she'll change her mind as soon as Tyra, or espescially Nole ends up liking that same girl just because she wants to go against them.

I learned that you have to cry or at least look sad when you get eliminated OR ELSE you'll be subjected to the TYRADE

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMFreak
    I learned that if youre fierce, you will be a model. If you are not fierce, then you will amount to nothing.
    LOL! HAHAHAHA! That cracks me up! Even though it's partly true!

If you're in the show... looking common is a no-no... it's better to look unique... stands out from the rest... Being girlie/tomboy does not affect anything... Being pretty does not help... much... You have to be known or remembered for something... not just being pretty (Leah ANTM3, Brita ANTM4 and Ashley ANTM5)... You have to have that "UMPH"... You have to have confident, not arrogance... You must still appear humble and nice... No one wants an arrogant/bitc*y role model... You have to take picture with edge not "CUTE" in order to step up your level... You have to look like a model even in the PANEL! If you're 5'7"... do not wear flats... (Noelle ANTM4) Hm... that's all I got...

straight guy, not a girl i love kahlen's Avatar
    ~Fierce is a word used to describe models, not wild animals
    missing Sara

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast