Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Things I've learned from ANTM

Quote Originally Posted by FairytaleDREAMS
    I don't agree with the Janice comment. She loved Naima throughout the competition and it was only the last judging that Janice wanted to be different and supported Kahlen.
    Actually, if you go back and watch the judging, she really wasn't crazy about most of Naima's photos. She really disliked the Wonderbra, Gas station, Waterfall, Zodiac, and animal shots (she thought her leg looked "amputated" as a cheetah). The only time I recall Janice saying she liked Naima was in describing her "creamy voice" and in the alien and dance shoots.

I've learned the importance of "emotions behind the eyes" and not having your limbs amputated!

I learned that to have a personality on this show means having the personality that Tyra likes, which is mostly being in awe of her

I've learned that edgy means looking average or plain, yet looking amazingly fantastic in Covergirl comestics.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by attagirl
    Actually, if you go back and watch the judging, she really wasn't crazy about most of Naima's photos. She really disliked the Wonderbra, Gas station, Waterfall, Zodiac, and animal shots (she thought her leg looked "amputated" as a cheetah). The only time I recall Janice saying she liked Naima was in describing her "creamy voice" and in the alien and dance shoots.
    Actually, Janice was a fan of the Gas station picture, saying it was a hot shot, and we didn't hear her comment on her Waterfall shoot. She also said several times that she thought Naima was a beautiful girl.

One Alligator at a Time fantastic6's Avatar
    I've learned that there is more to modelling than just beauty (sara, antm 2) remember the dance?

FORT Fan
    Janice called Tatiana beautiful but said that she had no potential whatsoever so she doesn't say that about her favorites. Also, she did favor Kahlen more, at least as far back as the seven deadly since shoot (I don't remember what she's said before that episode), She also liked the animal, covergirl and the kloofing pic.

what I've learned from the show:
    Black girls are being stereotyped as loud and hard to deal with (at least from cyc 2-4, I didn't watch 1 and 5, not really)

You need to have a story or you'll never be memorable.

Tyra always has beautiful girls in front of her and that she memorizes the prizes every single day
    Last edited by ~Lurker~; 10-24-2005 at 04:07 PM.

Tyra is FIERCE!

Red afros are FIERCE!

To win at life, you have to be FIERCE!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lurker~
    Janice called Tatiana beautiful but said that she had no potential whatsoever so she doesn't say that about her favorites. Also, she did favor Kahlen more, at least as far back as the seven deadly since shoot (I don't remember what she's said before that episode), She also liked the animal, covergirl and the kloofing pic.

what I've learned from the show:
    Black girls are being stereotyped as loud and hard to deal with (at least from cyc 2-4, I didn't watch 1 and 5, not really)

You need to have a story or you'll never be memorable.

Tyra always has beautiful girls in front of her and that she memorizes the prizes every single day
    Ebony and/or Robyn in cycle 1. There are really none in cycle 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer
    Tyra is FIERCE!

Red afros are FIERCE!

To win at life, you have to be FIERCE!

I too have discovered that in Tyra's world, FIERCE! is everything!!
    "Clothes tell a story, and yours tell the story of a crazy, deranged kickboxer who still lives with his mother in Queens." -Carson

If I've learned anything about being a Top Model, it's that you have to roll with the paradoxical and self-conflicting whims of the judges. "You're too loud! You're too quiet! You're too confident! You lack confidence! You won't let us cut your hair! You don't value your hair! Why are you crying? Why don't we ever see you cry? Your walk is unique! Your walk is terrible!"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast