Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The FORT Interview with Diane, 10/15/05

really wanted to see more spunk and personality out of her
    When people say that, do they really mean it? If someone's true personality isn't giddy, smiley, bubbly, but the opposite: controlled, calm, but, nonetheless, content? Should a person "act" on the show to be the opposite than what they are and perhaps risk being seen through and dubbed a fake person? And we all know that Tyra can "spot a fake person a mile away" <eye roll>

Maybe Tyra should say something like "be bubbly" than "show me your personality" or "show personality". Personalities can run the gamut. She should be specific.

Well, I guess since the show has been on long enough for anyone wanting to be on the show will know what kind of "personality" Tyra wants and will do what's expected.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Great interview, Hepcat!

I was sad to see Diane go, but it was kind of obvious.

I was sorry to see her go, but I had to sort of agree.

When I first saw Diane, I really liked her and her bubbly personality as she was describing her job. It did seem to disappear, and I think ANTM considers personality to be important. Like in cycle 2, Mercedes would not have made it as far as she had if she didn't have that wonderful personality! Diane wasn't really using her curves as much as she could have in the pictures, I think. But I think she was stronger than Kim, they should have sent her home. -__-

Brava, Hepcat, another great interview!

Diane, I still can't believe you went out on such a breathtaking picture, it was one of my favorites, and your best of the competition. Hang in there, use this experience to get yourself out there, and keep pursuing your dreams. Good luck!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Brava, Hepcat, another great interview!

Diane, I still can't believe you went out on such a breathtaking picture, it was one of my favorites, and your best of the competition. Hang in there, use this experience to get yourself out there, and keep pursuing your dreams. Good luck!
    I couldn't believe it myself but I guess things happen for a reason. Thank you for the support!!!!

Thanks hepcat and hi Diane! *waves above her* Good luck and "Don't get it TWIST-ED!" lol You are beautiful and will do great in your career!

Diane, I also wanted to say I thought your picture last week was beautiful. I thought they gave you one of the worst scenarios and yours still out-shined almost everyone else's. They picked a really bizarre time to eliminate you.
    If you love someone, let them go. If they come back, they are yours. If they don't, hunt them down and kill them.

Diane's last picture was the best. It showed her true potential.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I think itís true to a certain extent, but being in this competition, you go through so much. Being in front of judges that critique you in everything that you do, and when at the end of the night you know somebody is going home, I donít think that thereís nothing to be bubbly about. I mean, itís a stressful situation! Iím not going to sit up there and be like, (perky voice) ďHiiii!Ē No! Thatís not really how I feel, I feel like Iím stressed! And a lot of people felt that, like they showed with Bre breaking down. This is hard! This is not a joke, this is serious.
    This is the best answer for that comment from the judges! They're nervous and it comes across, faking it "bubbly" would come across too.

Diane is beautiful and I hope to see her plastered on ads soon!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

It was incomprehensible to me that she was sent home this week. It's hard to see someone I like eliminated, even if they are not the best model. In Diane's case she was sent home even though she had a great photo.
    To have made it as far as she did without any experience was quite an accomplishment. It's good to see from your interview that the process has not brought her down. I hope that she does have success if that is still what she wants to do.
    Thanks for another great interview.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast