Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The FORT Interview with Cassandra, 10/8/05

FORT Regular
    Your theory sounds mightily plausible, WannaB. Tyra said this season's winner is a "real Cinderella story," and to my mind Cassandra fits the bill: the spoiled-brattery, we might have discovered, was due to years of parental pressure to excel in school and beauty pageants; the lack of emotion due to having to appear always on top of her game; the show breaks her down; she cries; she is almost eliminated; she loosens up; she rocks London; she wins. Certainly she has an interesting, complicated personality, and hands down she has the best face and body. She looked absolutely smoking with that haircut; I could not stop looking at her.

I still am holding out for a major plot twist in which they bring Cassandra back onto the show and she wins it all.

been_supporting_April aprilshouldawin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaB
    It's a stretch to call her evil because she supports Bush. She's young and she's from Texas. Nuff said.

I do think the show decided to make her look more isolated from the other girls (Sarah's FORT interview told me otherwise) and more wicked or evil than she is, probably as a result of her walking out on them. I have an inkling they were grooming her -- pardon the pun -- to win but she was too naive and insecure about her new look to see it. The Twiggy-like haircut, the trip to London, her mod style...it all goes together. Ultimately, writers write this show so there's definitely a script, a grand design we viewers may or may not be aware of. Cassandra's abandoning the show is a kind of slap in the face. It says, "I don't want you ." So I have no doubt they repaid her and showed all her whining, focused on the negative stuff and none of the good so we wouldn't be rooting for her. And it worked, didn't it?
    Well, I ain't feeling sorry for her. Anyone who supports Bush is evil to me. Nuff said. And she deserved to be portrayed like that. I do not like her spoiled ass. I would definitely abandon the show if she came back and won.

Very Opinionated! seen&heardall's Avatar
    Blah, blah, blah . . . Go somewhere and get your extensions already!

FORT Fan
    To me, this move on Cassandra's part smacked of immaturity. You cannot change who a person is, period. A person can decide to chenge on his/her own if the desire is there, but no one can "change you". So, for her to say that she felt threatened or abused or something because they were trying to change her personal style for the duration of the show is ludicrous. She is an idiot, in my opinion. Why go through all the rigamorale of getting on the show just to walk away when the going got kind of tough? Not even VERY tough (VERY tough would be like Kahlen's having to get into a grave right after a good friend dies), just kind of tough. I can't imagine any casting director wanting to work with her, because she thinks that she knows more than anyone else, all of the PROFESSIONALS around her that are paid to give their opinions on personal style.

You've got to pick your battles, as someone upthread wisely pointed out. This was not a walk away issue, to me. That she saw it as such only makes me think that she is an immature, self centered little wannabe. I don't expect to see her gracing the covers of any magazines in the future, but I do expect to see her make a good marriage, and show up as a good little trophy wife to her husband's corporate shindigs.

Im Samoan and Hawaiian *LeiLani*'s Avatar
    thanks hepcat you are the best!

but the thing i dont understand is that she said "i am easy to work with and i will do what they tell me" and she didnt do what they wanted her to do. but she seems nice and cool.
    "what do you call people in Tokyo?? Tokyians??" - Norelle

"I Didn't Know What Regal Meant so i didn't wanna say THANK YOU and it meant something bad" - Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by NICOLAE79
    Wow, I wonder what her beef with Diane was. "Pass"! I am assuming she didn't care for Diane too much and was just being polite.

Perhaps Diane didn't fit her mold for being a "lady" as she commented on previous interviews....I don't like Cassandra. I'm sorry, but no one in their right, sane, mind can say "I never seen ANTM" or that she didn't have an idea that if you come in the show with long long hair....especially if you pride yourself with it, that its going to get chopped off. She made a disparaging remark about Tyra and Co not being real "ladies" because they were slouchy and rude. Rude? No, honey, edgy doesnt mean Rude, it just means having a personality. And Diana might have been "too big" of a lady for her to even consider a lady period.

Off with her head.

Quote Originally Posted by *LeiLani*
    thanks hepcat you are the best!

but the thing i dont understand is that she said "i am easy to work with and i will do what they tell me" and she didnt do what they wanted her to do. but she seems nice and cool.

First, if she was "so easy", she would not have complained about the hair-cut. She would say "No problem, take as much as you want, I am easy to work with and I will do what you tell me"

Her 'facade' of being polite and 'cool' is all a facade. Its her years of zombie training. Er, beauty pageant training.

I just don't have pity for someone who says one thing and does something drastically different. So many prettier girls vied for Cassandra's spot....and they would not have quit. They would let the hair-people cut off all their hair and go bald.....that's called having a passion and hunger for modeling. And shame on Cassandra for pretending to have it when she didn't. She probably though it would help her pageant career....but the way she came off, I don't think too many pageant coordinators would want to work with her.

Quote Originally Posted by manicorganic
    I don't expect to see her gracing the covers of any magazines in the future, but I do expect to see her make a good marriage, and show up as a good little trophy wife to her husband's corporate shindigs.
    You might be right....she was raised in Texas, the land of the 'trophy wife' collectibles. The only problem with Cassandra's trophy wify vision (you know she wants to be a trophy wife to any rich 'southern republican white' man). But as she was as difficult on the ANTM when it came to the judges wanting to her wear her hair a certain way....I dont see her being any different when her husband wanting to exert his 'authority' on her. 10 years from now, guarantee it, she will be barefoot and pregnant with her long, stringy brown hair, talking about being in the Miss Barefoot & Pregnant, Southern White Trash pageant.

At first I thought Cassandra was a big baby, but now I understand(nods slowly and has dazed look in eyes, as if BHANTM was high)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456