Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The FORT Interview with Cassandra, 10/8/05

My take on the situation is that she used this to become her new pagent platform kinda like no matter what you want to be dont ever let anyone change you ... If i can give up what I did than anyone can do it. Thats just my take on the whole thing I think it was kinda pre-planned, but who knows.

FORT Newbie
    I think Cass is a beautiful young woman. Articulate, well-spoken, with a good head on her shoulders. imo, she appeared to have oodles of potential with modeling. at first, nothing really stood out with her, for me. her personality was more on the reserved type. Not an exact quote. "It's not that I don't like sharing things with people, I'm just not an emotional person." But in her pictures, i saw someone i didn't always see in person (ie. Superhero Cassandra) It makes me want to see her in more pics. I think she was playing her game well. The socio path comment was awesome. I think the girls knew she was a real threat. hope to see her in magazines or something soon.

they made her evil in the show. evil show
    ...I am mean, but I'm mean with style....

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaB
    Thank you so much for this interview. It justifies to me why she left. Tyra & Co. wanted us to believe it was over an inch of hair, which just didn't make sense as she went for the big chop the week before. I get it now, although I'm sad to see her go. I think she had the most raw potential and feel robbed by all the photos we'll never see.
    totally agree with this. Im glad people are finally understanding Cassandra. For the record, most models use hair pieces to show different looks instead of cutting off all their hair including tyra. I posted that before and someone wrote back but she couldve worn extensions. If they wouldve cut her hair off anymore, theres no way she couldve worn extensions. People that have worn extensions know what im talking about and honestly even with the haircut she did have, im not sure it was possible for her to get extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81
    totally agree with this. Im glad people are finally understanding Cassandra. For the record, most models use hair pieces to show different looks instead of cutting off all their hair including tyra. I posted that before and someone wrote back but she couldve worn extensions. If they wouldve cut her hair off anymore, theres no way she couldve worn extensions. People that have worn extensions know what im talking about and honestly even with the haircut she did have, im not sure it was possible for her to get extensions.
    I've seen hair stylist give full head extensions on girls with hair no longer than a thought. After witnessing that, I am sure it possible for Cassandra to get them. Some women see hair as their crown of glory. I don't fault her on that, I justed hated that she wasted someone else chances of being on the show. I wish Tyra would add another girl to the show.

FORT Fan

amen!

[QUOTE=Kao]When I think of all the girls who wanted to be on this show and about this spoiled brat squandering her opportunity, it makes me very angry. Cassandra pretty much wasted everyone's time with her whole "I'm not going to cut my hair and I'm going home" snit. I'm quite sure they have those girls sign something that says that you agree to change your appearance/pose nude/ etc as a stipulation to be on the show, and she blatantly lied when she agreed to do it and then decided not to. She stuck up for herself, but you have to choose your battles and if I was a judge in a pagent based on this no way in hell would I vote for her because I wouldn't be sure that somewhere down the line she wouldn't throw a fit and refuse to fulfill whatever duties she might have.

I agree with you. What a waste of an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by ModelWithin
    kema, I totally agree with you...why did she even bother entering the top model contest knowing very well[from watching previous episodes of ANTM] that they were going to give her a makeover and she would have to act edgy. i just think that she didn't like modeling and her true passsion was Miss USA. That's all fine and good but she took away a great opportunity from someone else who might have really wanted to be a model.

Most of the girls that enter this contest really want to be models and make it their career.

I'm sure there was much more said between Jay and Cassandra other than just talking about 1 inch of hair that they didn't show us but the bottom line is that she wasn't really passionate about being a model. She even said that she really didn't care that much about runway when they were modeling clothes for designer Sue Wong.

Oh well, since she really didn't like the real world of modeling, it's good that she quit early.

And I agree with you she wasn't passionate about the runway at all and she basically turned her nose up when Miss jay was trying to teach them how to walk. I know with the magic of editing a lot of other things could have gone on in the convo with Jay that we didn't see but to me she was acting like a spoiled brat.

FORT Newbie
    Cassandra is not serious about being a model. She just want to try out something which seems interesting to her. I do agree that she has strong-willed. ^^

been_supporting_April aprilshouldawin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lakay
    they made her evil in the show. evil show
    It's because she is. Did you hear her talk? " I don't think Bush is stupid." That's evil to me. And it seems like they wanted to make her becoming another Yoanna with that haircut. The only different is this time they wanted a blond Yoanna. Also, it's really funny that only the winner of the first cycle had long hair, the rest of them have short hair.

FORT Regular
    It's a stretch to call her evil because she supports Bush. She's young and she's from Texas. Nuff said.

I do think the show decided to make her look more isolated from the other girls (Sarah's FORT interview told me otherwise) and more wicked or evil than she is, probably as a result of her walking out on them. I have an inkling they were grooming her -- pardon the pun -- to win but she was too naive and insecure about her new look to see it. The Twiggy-like haircut, the trip to London, her mod style...it all goes together. Ultimately, writers write this show so there's definitely a script, a grand design we viewers may or may not be aware of. Cassandra's abandoning the show is a kind of slap in the face. It says, "I don't want you ." So I have no doubt they repaid her and showed all her whining, focused on the negative stuff and none of the good so we wouldn't be rooting for her. And it worked, didn't it?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast