Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ANTM5 Premiere Recap, Part 1: The Twisted Sister Who Was on Fire

Yay SFG! You're back and with a bang! Brava!
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Thanks again for your comments, everybody. I really am so happy to back for ANTM5 with all of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarryMeYoanna
    I'm no Yiddish expert, but I believe its Tuchas...
    Oy meshuggenah! I'm glad you guys are all finding the deliberate mistakes I put my recaps simply to test if you're really reading (yeah right, that's the ticket! ) but in this case my "tuchis" is perfectly acceptable (funny if taken out of context! )

You'll find there are several acceptable spellings.
    Q: Where does the word "tuckus" originate? (I'm not sure about the spelling, but I mean "tuckus" as in 'He has a nice tuckus.')

A: This is one of those words that comes to us from the Yiddish language. Like in your example, it means butt or bottom. As for spelling, I find several in different sources, including tuckus, tuchas, tuches, tokhes, tochus, tuchis, and toches. Tokhes seems to be the most common in Yiddish sources, with tuckus seemingly more frequent in goyim references.

Source: http://pages.ripco.net/~barbarian/archive_20SEP00.html
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Yes, I admit it! I am worshipping at your "twisted" take on the whole ANTM world! Just keep nailing the high points, and I'll keep reading!

Sorry, UPN, we don't need to watch, we can just read Snowy's recaps!
    Go Tigers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123