Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ANTM5 Premiere Recap, Part 1: The Twisted Sister Who Was on Fire

I must not have taken my gingko biloba!!! (Funny, I keep forgetting I have them.)

Thanks so much for correcting me on the Jackson video, and thanks to everyone whose taken the time to read this week's extra loooooooong recap. You're all on my "People I DON'T Wish to Pimp-Slap and Instead Want To Hug & Squeeze and Call George."
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

aga
    FORTified
    Great Recap! Like others I have been anxiously anticipating your brilliance.

Thanks for the ramen noodles idea.

Was Dinah Shore gay? What about Burt?

Wasn't it Ebony who knew everyone's names?

ETA:
    Note to self, look up Boricua.
    Last edited by aga; 09-23-2005 at 08:05 PM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Only eight straight guys? Talk about the discrimination!
    Love you Snowy!

Crap, I must have been really tired when I posted that recap. I'll correct it, as it was most certainly Ebony who rattled off the names. Thanks again!

Dinah Shore is a lesbian icon, and Dinah Shore Weekend in Palm Springs is an event that started as a golf tournament but is now known as Lesbian Spring Break. Which Burt are you referring to? Because if you're talking about Bert & Ernie, I always thought they made a cute couple.

Boricua is a term for people of Puerto Rican descent. Wepa!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Brilliant! I really wish they had kept Regina instead of Sarah. Sarah's sweet, but she's a mess!

What does "don't get it twisted" mean?? Is she referring to how people interpret her speech? I have absolutely no idea what she's talking about. lol

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Dinah Shore is a lesbian icon, and Dinah Shore Weekend in Palm Springs is an event that started as a golf tournament but is now known as Lesbian Spring Break. Which Burt are you referring to? Because if you're talking about Bert & Ernie, I always thought they made a cute couple.
    Before Loni and Sally, Burt Reynolds dated Dinah Shore.

She was considerably older than Burt. They were the Ashton and Demi of their time.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

CCL
    The best part of having a new ANTM season is the return of the fabulous snowcaps. Too many lines to quote - your recap rocked, Snowy!
    On to part 2!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Lauren Bacall:My TopModel MarryMeYoanna's Avatar
    Snowy! I adore you!

I think once you said there were twelve of us straight guys who watched the show, and now it seems that there are eight of us left, well, fair enough, I can see losing four to attrition..

I'm no Yiddish expert, but I believe its Tuchas...

Now to read part two!
    Luv, Scott
    You don’t need to repeat this, there is no ceremony any more, everybody is gone and you say this out loud to yourself. I was alone at the time and the time now is always. Always was a word that you used in promises, it is valueless.
    -Ernest Hemingway

Hi Snow

I haven't been here in a while it's good to be able to read your posts again.

The best part was you spotting the shamless plug for tyra's new show on her shirt I thought I was the only one who saw that.

If I wasn't reading this at 2:30 in the morning, I'd be howling right now. Instead I have to stifle my laughs and tears in my pillow every 30 seconds. Great job SnowflakeGirl! You should right for the Onion or something.

My favorite lines:
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    If there was someone there named Prime Rib, she’d become an instant favorite too.

Let me guess this year’s fashion destination: The Island of Dr. Moreau?

I sadly note that they don’t ask anyone to do the “Kate Moss” which would surely involve bending over to sniff a bubble-gum sized line of snow off another model’s thigh in the ladies room.

Oh stop being so modest, Ashley [I say under my breath as I add “Darwin” to my “People I’d Like to Pimp Slap List].

What’s that noise? Why that’s the sound of the eight straight guys switching the channel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast