Page 55 of 146 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycle 5: Lisa

FORT Newbie
    They picked her though! Tyra is ridiculous!

Well...there has to be losers on the show as well so Lisa can fill one of the loser slots.

I can see Lisa winning this thing, ANTM has made similar awful choices in the past.

The thing about Lisa is that she is extremly skilled in the mechanics of modeling. I mean, she's had years (I mean YEARS) of practice. But she is not a model. She should find a career as a modeling coach, since she's very opinionated about how the other models should conduct themselves. Like Ms. Jay for instance. I'm sure in a runway walk-off she would beat both Tyra and Naomi hands down. But you don't see him sauntering down fashion runways do you? He's not a model and neither is Lisa.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by la_nube_oscura
    I can see Lisa winning this thing, ANTM has made similar awful choices in the past.

The thing about Lisa is that she is extremly skilled in the mechanics of modeling. I mean, she's had years (I mean YEARS) of practice. But she is not a model. She should find a career as a modeling coach, since she's very opinionated about how the other models should conduct themselves. Like Ms. Jay for instance. I'm sure in a runway walk-off she would beat both Tyra and Naomi hands down. But you don't see him sauntering down fashion runways do you? He's not a model and neither is Lisa.
    Ms. Jay was a model.

If the recrap episode did anything, it did make me feel slightly more sympathetic towards Lisa. She seems a bit more fragile and insecure than I initially believed. I think she truly believes she is helping the other girls when she hounds them with unsolicited advice.

I am so ambivalent about her. She clearly has some amazing talent at transforming herself in front of a camera, but she is just such a mess when she's not. I no longer hate her though, I feel more sorry for her than anything else. I want to do an alcoholic intervention or something!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

They showed more of the conversation with Coryn. The first time we aired it, we saw Lisa telling Coryn to stop working out. But this time, she was having a conversation with Coryn, asking what type of modeling Coryn was interested in and wondering if she was trying for the sports model market. In that context, it seemed a lot more natural.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Seeing the Coryn/Lisa reconciliation really touched me too.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

American Idol Fanatic IdolFreak05's Avatar
    This is kind of off topic but does anyone know where I can find her black and white photo that she did with Tyra?

Quote Originally Posted by IdolFreak05
    This is kind of off topic but does anyone know where I can find her black and white photo that she did with Tyra?
    If you look back in the Cycle 5 Photos thread a couple pages, it might be there!

I love Lisa, she is my favourite second to Nik. Its weird because pre show she looked so ugly, but now she is gorgeous!

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    Alright, I love Lisa now.

The make up with Coryn and the dance routine! Great, she can be Top 3! All the hate has been channelled onto Jayla now.
    beauty is only skin deep.