Page 46 of 146 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycle 5: Lisa

Well, looks as if Lisa's won me over. It took several weeks, but I really do like this girl.

Perhaps it was the way so many of the others banded together in hatred of her. I've always had a soft spot for the underdog, even when the hate-fest is their own sweet fault. Who doesn't put their foot in their mouth occassionally? I've tasted my toes more times than I care to admit, and no one deserves permanant exile for that.

Perhaps it's because she seems to be there for herself and herself only. Not to make buddies, but to win. Gotta respect that.

Perhaps it's just because she's unquestionably good at what she's trying to do.

Whatever the reason, I've finally found someone in this cycle I can root for. I'm wishing her the best.

Lisa definitely reminded me of someone I know. It is interesting because they both have a similar free-spirited personality with a dash of craziness. They even both have the same hairstyle but my friend's a true blonde and soft and gentle and more youthful than Lisa will ever be. Maybe I should tell her to try out the show! She'll rock it, I know she will...

But Anyway! That's not the point. I realized I really do like Lisa tonight after this episode, and after seeing her wrestling with a dwarf man on the preview, she makes me laugh. I like that wild gal. At first, I thought she was just loud and crass and crticial and a drunk bitch but Lisa's just Lisa. Like, remember Brittany last year? Same idea.
    Last edited by Lonelyguy82; 10-27-2005 at 12:46 AM.
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

I still think this girl is great. She is very pretty to me and I like her personality. I think she comes across wrong, but her heart is probably in the right place.

shes growing on me... i like her and her last photoshoot was GORGEOUSSSSSS

cant wait to see the hi res!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn7575
    I still think this girl is great. She is very pretty to me and I like her personality. I think she comes across wrong, but her heart is probably in the right place.
    Lisa reminds me of the type of person I'd love to have as a friend; at least you'd know exactly where you stood with her!

What I love about her is the complete difference between what she looks like, being filmed, and what she looks like in her photos! She's extremely mercurial and I think either she or Kim will be the Dark Horse of this competitioin. The other girls are pretty, but so forgetable. Lisa cracks me up and her recent photos are breathtaking.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fogey
    Seriously, is there one photo shoot that this girl doesn't rock?? Honestly, she totally deserves to win because of sheer talent and charisma, but there are two others that I wouldn't mind seeing winning IF ANTM ARE THE COWARDS I THINK THEY ARE.

We'll see.

Lisa must have made a pact with the devil to be able to work so well despite her drinking and aged skin and funky eye and imperfect pirahna teeth. despite all her flaws she knows her body well and can work. in front of the camera she is flawless. THAT IS TALENT!

too bad her over the top behaviour and drinking will prevent her from winning this. but it will not prevent her from getting work elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah
    Seriously, is there one photo shoot that this girl doesn't rock?? Honestly, she totally deserves to win because of sheer talent and charisma, but there are two others that I wouldn't mind seeing winning IF ANTM ARE THE COWARDS I THINK THEY ARE.

We'll see.
    Oh I totally agree with you about Lisa - if we were to look at this as a real competition - no doubt she should win. But it isn't a competition in the true sense of the word because I am afraid they will, for example, do the following in a very posible elimination scenario: Lisa and Bre as the last two standing, Lisa doing awesome in all the challenges except for one not flattering photo intentionally chosen, and Bre not really doing well in anything special, both have the drive, but Bre is not annoying to the panelists o(except to Twiggy, but her opinion doesn't count as she's been so against Bre all along) or as they would interpret it - to all of the fashion world because they represent it so well, and...... Lisa goes home, Bre stays.
    Without Lisa this cycle would go from 5 stars to 2, after Sarah and Cassandra being eliminated early on.
    Go Lisa!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah
    Seriously, is there one photo shoot that this girl doesn't rock??
    Consider me a huge Lisa fan, and yeah, the "fashion witch" photo of hers was horrible.

You guys, I have a theory about the Secret Platinum shoot...

From what I can remember, all of the judges had good things to say about Lisa's performance. Tyra said, "You know who you are; you rocked it, Lisa." But then she says that majority ruled on a different girl, Nicole. WTF? Why? Nicole's commercial was stilted and awkward, and her interview was no better.

I think that Lisa easily won, but when it came to picking somebody to actually be in the magazine, they thought, "Ohhh well it would be risky to choose Lisa because in this episode we've portrayed her as an alcoholic, and we can't associate that with an advertisement for Secret, so we'll pick mediocre girl Nicole."

Right? Doesn't that make sense? I just thought it was superweird that they all admitted that Lisa knocked it out of the ballpark, yet they ended up picking Nicole...