Re: Cycle 5: Lisa

She looks so old.

that second pic is bad
    but i love me some lisa

FORT Newbie

I have to get this out of my system:
    Lisa irritated me from the first moment she began speaking in C5 #1. She seemed so insincere, melodramatic, and neurotic. She reminds me of one of the narcissistic cokehead JAPS from high school. It's all "ME ME ME, LOOK AT ME, PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!" I am so surprised she made the cut for as long as she did. Her features are harsh, unfeminine, and I find her very unattractive. She would make a good 40 year old drag queen though. She's got the look already... sans the adam's apple. All she would need is a half-burned cigarette, and a Farrah Fawcett wig, and she would look like a Jewish RuPaul.

By the way, did she HONESTLY think she was a viable candidate after she peed herself in a diaper on camera? Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Linda Evangelista... not in a twisted nightmare would any self respecting model entertain the idea of doing this classless act. By urinating on herself, she joined the ranks of... I don't know... Jenny McCarthy, at best. I doubt even Jenny McCarthy would have done such a desperate stunt to get attention.

At least Jade was kind of fun to hate, since you knew her personality was so repellent that she would never have made it to the final round. But Lisa? It's no fun to hate someone that actually manages to ingratiate themselves to others. It's more frustrating, and I found myself constantly hoping to see her go up in awful flames. She is an ugly woman, with an even uglier personality. If she were just physically ugly, maybe a charming personality could overcome that. Maybe the producers of the show keep people like Lisa, Jade, Melrose, etc., on the show because they believe our distaste for their personalities, and desire to watch them lose, will keep us watching.

Lisa... yuck.
    Well, thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alissapoo;2528833;
    Lisa irritated me from the first moment she began speaking in C5 #1. She seemed so insincere, melodramatic, and neurotic. She reminds me of one of the narcissistic cokehead JAPS from high school. It's all "ME ME ME, LOOK AT ME, PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!" I am so surprised she made the cut for as long as she did. Her features are harsh, unfeminine, and I find her very unattractive. She would make a good 40 year old drag queen though. She's got the look already... sans the adam's apple. All she would need is a half-burned cigarette, and a Farrah Fawcett wig, and she would look like a Jewish RuPaul.

By the way, did she HONESTLY think she was a viable candidate after she peed herself in a diaper on camera? Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Linda Evangelista... not in a twisted nightmare would any self respecting model entertain the idea of doing this classless act. By urinating on herself, she joined the ranks of... I don't know... Jenny McCarthy, at best. I doubt even Jenny McCarthy would have done such a desperate stunt to get attention.

At least Jade was kind of fun to hate, since you knew her personality was so repellent that she would never have made it to the final round. But Lisa? It's no fun to hate someone that actually manages to ingratiate themselves to others. It's more frustrating, and I found myself constantly hoping to see her go up in awful flames. She is an ugly woman, with an even uglier personality. If she were just physically ugly, maybe a charming personality could overcome that. Maybe the producers of the show keep people like Lisa, Jade, Melrose, etc., on the show because they believe our distaste for their personalities, and desire to watch them lose, will keep us watching.

Lisa... yuck.
    This post is a great example of why I love Lisa. She's such a love-her or hate-her extreme. I think that beauty, whether it be physical or not, becomes more interesting when it's debatable.

Lisa will never be the girl to say, "no comment." She has wildly strong opinions about everybody and everything in life, and, some people are going to respect that, while others are going to be appalled. Point is, her character is memorable, and is going to keep people talking, whether it be out disgust, or admiration. Girls, such as Kyle from the same season, may be praised for being "sweet" and speaking/acting in a non-controversial manner, but maintaining that neutrality is not going to grab anyone's attention, and, will eventually lead to being forgotten. Lisa's season ended almost two years ago, and we're still talking about her.

Physically speaking, all the "flaws" people point out in Lisa are what I find to be beautiful. Big, alienesque, eyes that sometimes appear crossed. The gap in her teeth when she flashes a smile, her "boy" chest. These all add to an appearence, which may not be conventionally "pretty", but is undeniably striking.

Love her. Hate her. No one is ever going to forget about Miss Lisa
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

Nothing but love for Lisa! Girl was amazing.
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by alissapoo;2528833;

Lisa... yuck.
    I'm with you all the way. You not alone

she looks drugged out in those pictures.

FORT Regular

Sorry if these are a repost:

I only like the 2nd and 4th ones.

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar

Looking gorgeous, as usual.
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina