Page 12 of 146 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycle 5: Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by JoE44

I think she will make it far but I dont think she will win
    I don't think she'll win either because she doesn't have her own style. At the beginning of the show Mr. J was telling them to take the pose of certain popular models. I can't imagine anyone saying "Now show me Lisa (whatever her last name is)" because she's only trying to imitate what other models do instead of trying to give it her own style. It'll probably get her far into the competition but like you said, she won't win.

Her range extends as far as what she's seen in fashion magazines. She won't just drop into a pose like Nicole did because she's always trying to be in one she's seen. It's a benefit to her because she knows what does work, but its a negative because she has no originality.
    Last edited by TokyoNiGHTS; 09-29-2005 at 02:23 PM.

I think Lisa is really that chameleon who is constantly evolving. I think she is unique because no matter who she copies, she is making it her own by still doing it a little different. Come on, who can be completely original now with so many models, actors, etc out there?

FORT Fan
    Lisa isn't the prettiest, but she is by far the most savvy. I get a Yaya-esque vibe from her, and she better be careful: Pride goeth before a fall. She has a great walk, great attitude on the runway, lots of confidence, and a lot of knowledge: She knows how to work range and work the camera. Sounds like a very strong combination for a model. She's going to have a career. Nuff Said. Boring doesn't sell anything. Bre is one of the prettiest girls there, but she just comes across as dull. Lisa isn't as pretty, but she is entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by dinangel
    Come on, who can be completely original now with so many models, actors, etc out there?
    I don't think anyone is completely original. What i'm saying is all she's doing is jumping from pose to pose that she's seen in magazines. Other girls mess up because they're trying to work into a pose which is how it should be. It's ok to use poses you've seen but have some originality, break out of just using those everytime. I just think if she tries to do that through the whole competition without ever trying to do something on her own she won't make it. They aren't looking for the person that can imitate a top model the best, they're looking for the person that can become that top model that others will be imitating in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS
    I don't think anyone is completely original. What i'm saying is all she's doing is jumping from pose to pose that she's seen in magazines. Other girls mess up because they're trying to work into a pose which is how it should be. It's ok to use poses you've seen but have some originality, break out of just using those everytime. I just think if she tries to do that through the whole competition without ever trying to do something on her own she won't make it. They aren't looking for the person that can best imitate a top model, they're looking for the person that can become that top model that others will be imitating in the future.
    That makes sense. I misunderstood you and agree with what you are saying. If she does not try something she has not seen, she will not be very successful. Imitation fine, but you have to go beyond that.

When Lisa start’s to work she sings. Like pain turned to joy!

This is what I said in another thread.

I like all the girls. But Dang Lisa rocks! There’s something special going on there. I hear Jimi Hendrix when Lisa start's doing her thing.

“I have only one a burring desire, let me stand next to your fire baby, let me stand next to your fire. “ Jimi Hendrix.....

Quote Originally Posted by robert hackney
    Lisa isn't the prettiest, but she is by far the most savvy. I get a Yaya-esque vibe from her, and she better be careful: Pride goeth before a fall. She has a great walk, great attitude on the runway, lots of confidence, and a lot of knowledge: She knows how to work range and work the camera. Sounds like a very strong combination for a model. She's going to have a career. Nuff Said. Boring doesn't sell anything. Bre is one of the prettiest girls there, but she just comes across as dull. Lisa isn't as pretty, but she is entertaining.
    Lisa takes good picture but she's only taken two good pictures so far. Her pre-show photos, group promo, and polaroid was plain out the worst of the bunch!

Lisa may be good on film but she doesn't wow me in person, to me she's the Noelle (C4) or Norelle (C3) of the season - pretty in picture but not doing it for me in person. Sorry I just think she's ugly. Her face is very unusual and not relatable or approachable to me... she's one of them girl that can wear make-up well and look stunning in a pound of masscara, foundationa and powder but naturally... she's not that great and doesn't read CoverGirl. She's also too short for me.

I agree, she doesn't wow me in person. However, her photo this week was sooo amazing!! I looked at it and was wondering who the hell it was for a VERY long time, lol.

She's a sweet girl and so far takes great photos, but she'll be eliminated because she doesn't say 'model' in person. How did her makeover go? Any improvement???

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl
    But if she continues to take awesome pictures, who cares that she isn't that beautiful in person? The same can be said for a lot of models. I agree with you that she's by far the least pretty girl in person though, along with Ebony.
    I know that you're right. And even if I don't care for her personally, she should be rewarded for taking good pictures, that is what the competition is all about...but in the long run, the other factors against her: objectively- age and personality, subjectively- the fug, I can't see her being a contender.

CCL
    She's okay in person, maybe a little haggard? It is not unusual for a model to look plain in real life, though. I think, if anything, her age will work against her - she looks older than 24. I don't think she's really cocky - I think she just got really happy at being praised for her style & then overdid it when talking about it. Will see in future episodes if that is the case, or if she really is cocky. She looks a bit like Ann from cycle 3 (?) in this weeks' photo.
    Last edited by CCL; 09-29-2005 at 07:44 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.