Page 11 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycle 5: Lisa

I think Lisa had the best picture this week. It could definitely be in a magazine anywhere. She knows the craft which is great and I really hope she wins. Although she was getting damn annoying last night.

I cant stand lisa. She is a cockey know it all, No wonder her mother didn't like her. I hope she goes soon.

I think Lisa is waayyy over-confident in her looks and her ability to win this competition - which I don't think she will - and sure, her personality can be a little overbearing, at least from the editing we've seen. But.... I give Lisa major, major props for doing her homework since age 7!

They asked her last night how she knew how to do all the poses, etc., and she said she's been practicing for years! That's commitment.

Let's contrast that with Sarah, who doesn't give any indication that she really tried hard to learn to walk in high heels prior to the show. (She probably thought she wouldn't make it to the finals, but still.)

Or look at Kim, who came into a modeling event not knowing how to put on the simplest of makeup. (Though for Kim, I think this is just a lark, and she won't be all that crushed when she gets cut.)

All in all, unlike some of the other contestants, I think Lisa has put a lot into "learning her craft". And it's paying off in her ability to turn out good pics and to make the best of her less-than-perfect looks. So I hope she sticks around at least until the final 3 or 4. (Though Nik is still my favorite to win.)

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer
    I think Lisa is waayyy over-confident in her looks and her ability to win this competition - which I don't think she will - and sure, her personality can be a little overbearing, at least from the editing we've seen. But.... I give Lisa major, major props for doing her homework since age 7!

They asked her last night how she knew how to do all the poses, etc., and she said she's been practicing for years! That's commitment.

Let's contrast that with Sarah, who doesn't give any indication that she really tried hard to learn to walk in high heels prior to the show. (She probably thought she wouldn't make it to the finals, but still.)

Or look at Kim, who came into a modeling event not knowing how to put on the simplest of makeup. (Though for Kim, I think this is just a lark, and she won't be all that crushed when she gets cut.)

All in all, unlike some of the other contestants, I think Lisa has put a lot into "learning her craft". And it's paying off in her ability to turn out good pics and to make the best of her less-than-perfect looks. So I hope she sticks around at least until the final 3 or 4. (Though Nik is still my favorite to win.)
    You took the words right out of my mouth!

In this business you have to have a big, confident ego like hers because it's a business that if you're not strong, you'll give up under the pressure.

She's #1 in my book!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I like now she's so perky and cute lol
    BabyBlue Eyes

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    good pics don't hide that she's still the fugliest.

Quote Originally Posted by littlecat
    good pics don't hide that she's still the fugliest.
    But if she continues to take awesome pictures, who cares that she isn't that beautiful in person? The same can be said for a lot of models. I agree with you that she's by far the least pretty girl in person though, along with Ebony.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I dont care if this girl is cocky or whatever. she is amazing!
    "this love is unbreakable..."

Was Lisa really voted Covergirl of the Week? Somehow this surprises me.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Lisa just plain annoys the hell out of me but dam this girl can photograph

I think she will make it far but I dont think she will win