Page 9 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycle 5: Jayla

She has a edgy look, but I consider her to be a major league *FA edit* head. As for her walk, it looks like she a broken hip. I wished Janice stuck around because she would goof on her bigtime.
    Last edited by Leo; 09-14-2005 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Profanity.

I doubt that the question is about her ANTM effort. Just looking at her MySpace in total makes me ill. I wouldn't look at her twice if she walked past me, especially with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by bedtimestorynyc
    what am I looking at?
    Looks like Jayla has been replaced by Britney. Ah well. It was a gorgeous candid shot of her. She looked a lot like Norelle.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Sorry for double-posting, but this is the photo we were referring to:

Jayla looks absolutely gorgeous here!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl
    Sorry for double-posting, but this is the photo we were referring to:

Jayla looks absolutely gorgeous here!
    Breathtaking, and she has some gorgeous legs.

FORT Fanatic
    Omg! She's a fan of Good Charlotte!
    I see a winner!

Lah
    Quote Originally Posted by PinStruck
    Omg! She's a fan of Good Charlotte!
    I see a winner!
    Good God, I really hope that's sarcasm...

(*shudders* Good Charlotte. But of course, that would just the sort of rancid juvenile punk-pop that Jayla would like. What, and I bet she hangs out at Hot Topic? B*tch, please. YMMV, of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lah
    Good God, I really hope that's sarcasm...

(*shudders* Good Charlotte. But of course, that would just the sort of rancid juvenile punk-pop that Jayla would like. What, and I bet she hangs out at Hot Topic? B*tch, please. YMMV, of course.)
    That is soooo stereotypical. Judging her on her personal styles and taste, doesn't automatically makes you "know" who she is. Hot Topic is an fine store btw, I shop there often and I am faaarrrrr from a punk rocker, I go there to pick up a pair of "Dickies"; if she likes "Good Charlotte", so what? Is that illegal or makes her a bad person? I personally, do not listen to "rock" period but still, c'mon, don't be as so closed minded to shun Jayla out already when the show hasn't even aired yet.

Myspace doesn't say alot for who a person really is, the internet for that matter. For example, I am the opposite of who you probably think I am by the way I write. I don't mean to direct this towards you either, people in general, I respect your comment but I DO NOT agree one bit and find it very arrogant and snobby. No one is better than anyone else so don't make it look that way. Sorry guys if I'm preaching but... amen!

Lah
    Again I say, YMMV. Jayla may rock your socks but she does not rock mine. There's no need to get defensive; vive la differance! If I choose to base my dislike of her on her love for Good Charlotte and Hot Topic, I hope I can do so with impugnity, without being accused of being "close-minded" by apologists. I can't claim to ever know the "real" Jayla, and neither can you. So, lacking that, all I can do is judge her according to her style, taste, diction, etc - in other words, all the cursory components that make up an individual's identity. And so far I haven't been impressed. If the myspace Jayla represents the "real" Jayla with even a 10th of accuracy, I can only deduce that either 1) she's a hopelessly trailer trash version of Norelle, or 2) a clueless teenager overcompensating for her religious (Jehovah's Witness?) upbringing by trying to be cool and subversive and edgy, not realizing that she is coming off as an obnoxious poseur instead. (I mean, screaming to get attention? "I'm a fat kid inside"? Tell me she's not, like, fer real. )

By the by, how can you claim to "respect" someone's comment and yet at the same time condemn it as "very arrogant and snobby"? Rather contradictory, no? But there's no need to pull politically-correct punches with me, because I willingly own up to the fact that I am snobbish in my tastes, my unapologetic stance towards it being " hey, some tastes are, frankly, better than others."

I totally agree with you Lah! It's much deeper than the music taste. Simply by looking at her MySpace (Little about Me chapter) says it all. She can only blame herself for looking like an IDIOT!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-25-2007, 12:42 AM
  2. 04-21-2007, 05:57 AM
  3. 04-21-2007, 03:30 AM
  4. 04-15-2007, 02:37 AM
  5. 04-13-2007, 08:32 AM
  6. 04-07-2007, 11:02 PM
  7. 04-07-2007, 11:47 AM
  8. 04-03-2007, 06:54 AM
  9. 04-02-2007, 04:05 AM
  10. 04-02-2007, 03:17 AM
  11. 04-01-2007, 04:01 PM