Page 53 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycle 5: Jayla

I agree with you SMT. In front of Tyra & Co., she's fine and she's completely professional. I don't really care just as long as she hides her dirty laundry. Yeah, even the confessionals count.

Quote Originally Posted by kema
    But on the recap it was also shown that more than a few people have a problem with the things she said and even Sarah says she needs help. I agree we don't know how she was brought up but that doesn't give her license to be mean and bitchy and she isn't there to make friends but she shouldn't be mad at someone if they don't want to talk to her if that was really true obviously she does want to be included if she was so pissed that everyone is talking about her and not to her so maybe there is something deeper there but she just isn't very likable to me and more than a few others at this point.
    Yeah, true. Sarah did say she needs help! But none-the-less, the point I'm putting across is that Jayla is a great model and by today's standards, you don't have to have a likeable public persona to be a successful model. Jayla seems professional around the panel and everyone else! You can't blame her, (she probably just has a short fuse) and putting that ingredient with a house full of girls!

Quote Originally Posted by suckmytoes
    Yeah, true. Sarah did say she needs help! But none-the-less, the point I'm putting across is that Jayla is a great model and by today's standards, you don't have to have a likeable public persona to be a successful model. Jayla seems professional around the panel and everyone else! You can't blame her, (she probably just has a short fuse) and putting that ingredient with a house full of girls!
    I totally agree with the last part but as for being a great model maybe I just wish she wasn't so bitchy maybe I would see her going far but I just don't also people like to work with likeable people and not the people with the Diva attitude so maybe if she tones it down a notch she will do well otherwise I doubt it.

Elyse did the same exact thing, and to some extent, even worse because the girls from her cycle have done nothing to her. But she gets praised for it. (I love her though) Yet Jayla, who is just completely irritated because Nik won't talk to her and gives her the cold shoulders, has only the confessionals to express herself. I mean, c'mon, give the girl a break.

Kao
    Au Contraire. The crap that the agencies used to put up with is no more. Look at what happened to Kate Moss, who IMO got screwed by Chanel and the other design house that dumped her after the whole coke thing came out. H&M I can understand since they have a strict n-drugs policy, but the others? Nope. The sad fact is, even though there are girls who do coke, there's not one company that wants to be associated with (and their products, by proxy) to a dope fiend. Naomi Campbell is another prime example. Yes, she is successful, but how many Black Models have gotten cosmetic contracts and she hasn't? Look at how many designers refuse to work with her. Yes, she has money, but not nearly as much as she WOULD have if she was a nicer person.

Quote Originally Posted by kema
    I totally agree with the last part but as for being a great model maybe I just wish she wasn't so bitchy maybe I would see her going far but I just don't also people like to work with likeable people and not the people with the Diva attitude so maybe if she tones it down a notch she will do well otherwise I doubt it.
    She actually "behaves" infront of the important people (clients/photographers/people) on the shows! Remember that E! guy during the interview saying how nice she was. As long as she can fake it and kiss ass to the right people, sure Jayla can make it there. As far as being an angel and a Mother Theresa infront of the public - that don't matter, the public doesn't give a about models anymore.

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by Model Behavior
    Elyse did the same exact thing, and to some extent, even worse because the girls from her cycle have done nothing to her. But she gets praised for it. (I love her though)
    Some people might have, but it was that point where I stopped cheering for her and went gung-ho for Adrianne. I'm just not digging the meow-mix, and I thought it was extremely tacky. She even admits now that it wasn't the best thing to do.

Im Samoan and Hawaiian *LeiLani*'s Avatar
    i think jayla is a big waste of time and a waste of time on t.v.
    "what do you call people in Tokyo?? Tokyians??" - Norelle

"I Didn't Know What Regal Meant so i didn't wanna say THANK YOU and it meant something bad" - Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    Au Contraire. The crap that the agencies used to put up with is no more. Look at what happened to Kate Moss, who IMO got screwed by Chanel and the other design house that dumped her after the whole coke thing came out. H&M I can understand since they have a strict n-drugs policy, but the others? Nope. The sad fact is, even though there are girls who do coke, there's not one company that wants to be associated with (and their products, by proxy) to a dope fiend. Naomi Campbell is another prime example. Yes, she is successful, but how many Black Models have gotten cosmetic contracts and she hasn't? Look at how many designers refuse to work with her. Yes, she has money, but not nearly as much as she WOULD have if she was a nicer person.
    You're right! But I don't think Jayla will ever be as big as my beloved Naomi or my heroin-chic grunged out depressed Kate. I think Jayla has presented herself very professionally, whereas Naomi openly complains to clients and throw public tantrums. I don't think Jayla would ever do that, would she? She'll be the type of girl like in High School who the teachers love but the students hate. Fair enough.

But look at it this way, Jayla gets along with Bre the most, who IMO is the only sane person in that house! I can see why she'd be annoyed living with Nicole or Lisa. I do think Jayla might need to work on it a bit, but model-wise, I think she's got everything going for her.

She actually "behaves" infront of the important people (clients/photographers/people) on the shows! Remember that E! guy during the interview saying how nice she was. As long as she can fake it and kiss ass to the right people, sure Jayla can make it there. As far as being an angel and a Mother Theresa infront of the public - that don't matter, the public doesn't give a about models anymore.

Doesn't that make her as fake as she accused Nik of being

Anyway i've been reading a lot of post about Jayla and everyone is trying to blame her bitchness on something else I'm just saying if it walks like a duck well you know the rest.

I know Models no longer rule the world but I really wish they could move these celebs off the mags Elle is not for Jessica Simpson I would rather see Tyra.
    People can only hide their true colors for so long and at some point it will show and if Nik was truly being fake it would have already came out that's all I'm saying but I totally respect your opinion it makes for good conversation and I don't believe anyone should agree with everyone all the time life would definetly be boring.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-25-2007, 12:42 AM
  2. 04-21-2007, 05:57 AM
  3. 04-21-2007, 03:30 AM
  4. 04-15-2007, 02:37 AM
  5. 04-13-2007, 08:32 AM
  6. 04-07-2007, 11:02 PM
  7. 04-07-2007, 11:47 AM
  8. 04-03-2007, 06:54 AM
  9. 04-02-2007, 04:05 AM
  10. 04-02-2007, 03:17 AM
  11. 04-01-2007, 04:01 PM