Page 52 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycle 5: Jayla

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by notsa13
    Okay... Let me stop everyone right here. Now I do understand that Miss Jayla did in a way come out of her mouth disrespectfully, but what she did was somewhat understandable. Now the whole Nik/Jayla feud was a 50/50 wrong ratio. Nik: taking the entire Secret situation toooo far. Jayla: openly being disrespectful to Nik. But it also was not necessary for them to be nasty to each other. Now, back to Miss Jayla. Jayla is the type of person who has sort of a "dark" sense of humor and personality. She can be completely nice and cool at all times. But when Jayla does come out and say something about someone or something, she usually doesn't mean it in a hurtful or harmful way.

Please remember, this is reality TV. Editing takes a major part in this industry, os when a contestant does say something pertaining to a situation, they take part of audio from a different segment, and lace it somewhere else to actually make the person sound a sort of way. Jayla has probably, and most likely have said some nice things, but to get what we call "ratings", they play her personality like a video game. (Basically playing her into a particular person.) They need us to pay their bills. So what do you think Ms. Banks and Mr. Mok have to do to get us to watch. Make Jayla into a "b****" so we want to watch, and BAM! Just like that, we pay for the capped teeth on Ken Mok's Ralph Lauren's polo shirt. I love ANTM, but while enjoying the challenges, photoshoots, and eliminations, I always try to remember that it's still TV.

So the next time you feel to express how you "hate" (which is a very stong word to use) Jayla, look at the experiences from her point of view.
    Even though I do sometimes agree with the editing excuse, that whole "You're. A. Stupid. Stupid. Bitch" thing was one of the most spiteful, immature, downright sad lines ever uttered on this show. Even previous "bitches" like Yaya, Eva, or Brandy who, despite their moments, had some relatable qualities in them.

But I don't hate the girl. Maybe closer to pity is the right word. We see a lot of footage (plus insider clips) of Jayla talking about her difficulty in keeping friends, and she's painfully unaware that attitude may be the very reason why all her former best friends turned against her.

I dont think Jayla is from Italy, theyre usually all Cathlics there.

And notsa13, just because you like Jayla does not mean that editing makes her look bad. I dont think that they can edit the show to make her look like she is saying things. She said what she said, and what she said was mean.

I asked Ashley on this board and here's what she had to say:

I curse more than jayla, and i smoke more then her too...she is very whatever-loud-out-ragous girl. everone one of these girls are "real" they very much know who they are and are not afraid to be themsleves...she is a little bitchy but the majority would probly say yeah i am a tid bitchy...not speaking for them, you know what i mean...

FORT Newbie

Jayla's gotta grow up

Big Daddy thinks she takes such good care of herself; how do you explain her smoking then? Don't recall that being on any health regimen. Hope she's not a fellow paisano; methinks she's too pale for that. Very immature and mean; gave me the creepie crawlies there in the confessional. She's the Shannen Doherty of the bunch.

FORT Fan
    She is definitley the diva (b*tch) of this season.

I just don't like her attitude I see her point she doesn't have to change the way she says things just so people won't get offended but lets be real people have to do it everyday. We all try not to say hurtfull things to people so why shouldn't she and anyway I don't care what anyone says about homeschooling, editing or the situation she was put in her defenses being up she acted like an immature school girl in the confessional with the "Nik I hope you see this your a stupid b***h." that's what young girls do and say when they are upset.

Maybe Nik didn't want say her name because she realize it was pointless because she still messed up so she shut up about that's her prerogative. I still don't see how this makes her a fake person for doing something that would benefit her. I also don't see how bringing it up in the first place is immature either but hey that's just me.

I was a fan I loved her plastic surgery picture and superhero one but she really can't walk that well even for judging when she came out with that hideous hookerish outfit and I agree with SFG her teeth are a little bit weird also believe it or not industry people do watch this show and they just may not like her personality wise and may not want her that's the way life goes what goes around comes around and yess Karma is a bitch

Im Samoan and Hawaiian *LeiLani*'s Avatar
    i wonder why jayla acts the way she does? hmmm....lol
    "what do you call people in Tokyo?? Tokyians??" - Norelle

"I Didn't Know What Regal Meant so i didn't wanna say THANK YOU and it meant something bad" - Danielle

I don't care! I like Jayla even if she is a bitch, you never know how she was brought up and that can be the result of the way she is today. She probably had a bad childhood, teenage angst, abusive parents, etc., etc; you can't really judge a person until you've walked in their shoes. I applaud Jayla for being herself - if it's percieved as "bitchy", oh well, she's not there to make friends anyway. Besides, no one seems to have a problem with her except Nik and Coryn already said in hepcat's interview that Nik alienates herself from everybody. Coryn said she knew where Jayla was coming from. I think we shouldn't let one episode change the way we look at Jayla. There's already been 6 episodes before where Jayla wasn't close to being a "bitch", and so one episode is going to change your view of her like that (?).

Quote Originally Posted by suckmytoes
    I don't care! I like Jayla even if she is a bitch, you never know how she was brought up and that can be the result of the way she is today. She probably had a bad childhood, teenage angst, abusive parents, etc., etc; you can't really judge a person until you've walked in their shoes. I applaud Jayla for being herself - if it's percieved as "bitchy", oh well, she's not there to make friends anyway. Besides, no one seems to have a problem with her except Nik and Coryn already said in hepcat's interview that Nik alienates herself from everybody.
    But on the recap it was also shown that more than a few people have a problem with the things she said and even Sarah says she needs help. I agree we don't know how she was brought up but that doesn't give her license to be mean and bitchy and she isn't there to make friends but she shouldn't be mad at someone if they don't want to talk to her if that was really true obviously she does want to be included if she was so pissed that everyone is talking about her and not to her so maybe there is something deeper there but she just isn't very likable to me and more than a few others at this point.

Jayla being bitch has nothing to do with her modelling potential. I more misunderstood than bitchy. She's a cute girl though.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-25-2007, 01:42 AM
  2. 04-21-2007, 06:57 AM
  3. 04-21-2007, 04:30 AM
  4. 04-15-2007, 03:37 AM
  5. 04-13-2007, 09:32 AM
  6. 04-08-2007, 12:02 AM
  7. 04-07-2007, 12:47 PM
  8. 04-03-2007, 07:54 AM
  9. 04-02-2007, 05:05 AM
  10. 04-02-2007, 04:17 AM
  11. 04-01-2007, 05:01 PM