Page 53 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycle 5: Bre

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    In defense of Bre, from the beginning of the season, she was the "mother" of the house: helping everyone, giving good advice, helping a drunk Lisa, and even befriending the "friendless" Jayla. She gave good advice to all of the contestants and all the girls seemed to liked her. Bre is a co-dependent person: one who gives, and gives, to everyone else, while ignoring their own problems.

Bre probably lost her support system when Lisa left; it seems as though Lisa helped keep Bre in check; or Lisa's positive energy rubbed off on Bre. If Nik were a good friend to Bre, she would have told her not to take those energy drinks and not to not let that incident effect her as it did.

I don't know what caused this psychotic break in Miss Bre, but she should be forgiven due to her previous record of good behavior...I still like Bre cause I think she knows she was wrong.

straight guy, not a girl i love kahlen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asylum-ECT-girl View Post
    I don't know what caused this psychotic break in Miss Bre, but she should be forgiven due to her previous record of good behavior...I still like Bre cause I think she knows she was wrong.
    I agree for forgiving Bre

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I've never hated Bre, but I've never loved her either. I still can't stand her prancing pony walk and her attitude with Kim was really immature. That said, she's hardly the first person on this show to show immaturity.

FORT Fanatic
    I REALLY REALLY hope Bre or Jayla get eliminated next episode!! Bre is too commercial, same with Jayla. Nik and Nicole are the remaining contestants with high fashion and commercial appeal.

In defense of Bre, from the beginning of the season, she was the "mother" of the house: helping everyone, giving good advice, helping a drunk Lisa, and even befriending the "friendless" Jayla. She gave good advice to all of the contestants and all the girls seemed to liked her. Bre is a co-dependent person: one who gives, and gives, to everyone else, while ignoring their own problems.

Bre probably lost her support system when Lisa left; it seems as though Lisa helped keep Bre in check; or Lisa's positive energy rubbed off on Bre. If Nik were a good friend to Bre, she would have told her not to take those energy drinks and not to not let that incident effect her as it did.

Spoken like a true mother protective of her child

You are right she's done good, like helping Lisa into the house after her "talk with cousin It", but I really dislike when people are self-proclaimed nurturers and mother figures, allowing themselves to be really moralistic and preachy, and ultimately even punishing "the bad behaviour".

What Kim said in the interview was interesting...that everyone was probably a bit afraid of Bre as time progressed, I think the girl really truly has issues.

She is cute, I won't deny that. But nowhere near Nicole or Nik in picture taking.

FORT Regular
    noone asked her to be the "mother" of the house. i found her "mothering" to be sanctimous and fake. a huge lie that covers a mass of seething anger and insecurity. She is just an unstable person who needs some serious help.

this wasn't a one time thing. it was just a more honest portrayal of Bre's inner character... a VERY angry person who is capable of real rage and violence

very strange and scary girl who takes pretty mediocre pictures on top of it all

In defense of Bre, from the beginning of the season, she was the "mother" of the house:
    I don't know what caused this psychotic break in Miss Bre, .

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by 0000zora0000 View Post
    i found her "mothering" to be sanctimous and fake. a huge lie that covers a mass of seething anger and insecurity. She is just an unstable person who needs some serious help.
    I always thought Bre was so nice for taking care of the other girls, but maybe she was being fake. After they confronted Kim in the limo and Kim started crying, Bre comforted her. But then they showed Bre basically saying that she thought the tears were "cute" but she didn't believe Kim was honestly sorry. Hello?? Now who's the one being a phony??

FORT Regular
    Of course, I was just looking through the archives... I remember Kelle from Cycle 3 and this meltdown (not angry) she had in the confessional. It was absolutely heartbreaking. You just wanted to give her a hug.

Toothless Platypus? - 2:35
    In a vulnerable moment, a weeping Kelle lets us in on how she REALLY feels about her looks and her potential as a model.

It's by far the most vulnerable I've seen a contestant on this show be. She'll always be a favorite of mine because of it. She seemed more together by the end party.

My point is (and I do have one) is who knows what this tough atmosphere does to people. Especially for younger girls... I was a complete idiot at 19

This show is sort of like Walmart... I know I shouldn't support it, but I end up there somehow. Watching this clip makes me wonder if I should ever watch the show again! They really manipulate the girls. I guess going on a reality show you're setting yourself up for that, but I wonder if many realize it. Fashion is such a lure. I wish the show was more about ACTUAL fashion.

I also DO wonder if somehow someone saw the potential explosive nature of Bre and took advantage of it. Jayla (or the producers) come to mind. I really don't see Nicole or even Nik doing it (not to be mean, but I don't think either one are that willy enough to figure out doing something like this)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasto View Post
    I always thought Bre was so nice for taking care of the other girls, but maybe she was being fake. After they confronted Kim in the limo and Kim started crying, Bre comforted her. But then they showed Bre basically saying that she thought the tears were "cute" but she didn't believe Kim was honestly sorry. Hello?? Now who's the one being a phony??

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 0000zora0000 View Post
    I also DO wonder if somehow someone saw the potential explosive nature of Bre and took advantage of it. Jayla (or the producers) come to mind. I really don't see Nicole or even Nik doing it (not to be mean, but I don't think either one are that willy enough to figure out doing something like this)
    Why would Jayla do that to Bre? If you watch carefully, you can tell the two are good friends. Jayla may have some issues, but she's not the monster you all say she is, why would she sabotage her friend? If she did do anything, it was eat the granola bar by accident. But, I think that the producers DID cause the situation for dramatic effect.

FORT Fanatic
    Ok I finally saw the episode, and I really think Bre might have a chemical imbalance. She seemed to become a completely different person in the last couple of episodes. Girlfriend needs a good therapist. (and not a Covergirl contract)
    BTW, this display last episode almost completely solidifies her chances of not getting the contract. CG won't want a meanie crazy girl to win. I'm thinking it'll come down to Nik and Nicole, with Nik winning.