Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tyra Banks Show

I've always had a feeling that season 4 was a prelude to her talk show. All the girls on the show had a rough life and I guess Tyra potrayed herself or this show as some type of savior. It's just a theory.

Oh please! Is Tyra gonna play the o-so-caring "Honey, I've been trough all of it" helper? With her mommy on almost every show?

will Naima participate in this show?

Quote Originally Posted by Toeps
    Oh please! Is Tyra gonna play the o-so-caring "Honey, I've been trough all of it" helper? With her mommy on almost every show?

IMO, I think Tyra is very sincere and her mother wasn't on every show. Only one episode every cycle except for Season 4.

As far as I'm concerned, I think that Tyra is totally under-rated. She's managed to be so successful with Top Model. I mean, if it weren't for her there'd be no ANTM... no Shandi, no Elyse, no Yaya, no Kahlen and no Naima.. if it wasn't for Tyra.

But the Tyra Banks show is probably going to Jenny Jones and less Oprah I fear...

I hope not the Jenny Jones goes Jerry Springer type show. "Who's my baby-father?" "I wanna be a lesbian transvestite!"

Quote Originally Posted by Toeps
    "Who's my baby-father?" "I wanna be a lesbian transvestite!"
    . I too hope it will be a bit classier. I'll probrably end up watching, Tyra is extremely charasmatic.

It looks like the website has been updated.

August 11, 2005 -- Total Tyra on 5, 9 Telepictures is ramping up for the launch of "The Tyra Banks Show" by airing a 30-minute "Special Preview" on the show, which launches Sept. 12 on Ch. 9 (5 p.m.) with a next- day repeat on Ch. 5 (9 a.m.).

In the preview, kicking off Sunday on Ch. 9 (3:30 p.m.), Banks returns to her old L.A. neighborhood and describes growing up as a zaftig teen, how she was teased for her chubbiness and how her mom took her first modeling pho tos. The preview will air mul tiple times on Ch. 9 and Ch. 5 through Sept. 9.
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/26828.htm

Fighting the Good Fight PriorWalter's Avatar
    Isn't Oprah throwing Tyra her support? I thought I'd read that Oxygen would be airing second showings of Tyra.
    If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game-show host.

People will probably watch because of Tyra (The top model) not the show itself based on the subjects. I'm just hoping that the show won't turn into Dr. Phil.

FORT Newbie
    I went to Tyra's website and requested tickets. I was called the next day and scheduled to go two weeks later (July 22). However, because of the outrageous LA traffic we missed the taping. I may try to get tickets again later.