Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When they speak to the Camera...

When they speak to the Camera...

Hi there, quick question for everyone... I've noticed while watching this show that everytime they speak to the cameras about whats going on, the girls are always wearing the same outfit and have the same hair, as if they did all the talking and recapping at the same moment? Does anyone know what I mean, and know why? Do they do all the talking to the cameras in one shot? Thanks.
    Great minds discuss ideas;
    Average minds discuss events;
    Small minds discuss people.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyTwin
    Hi there, quick question for everyone... I've noticed while watching this show that everytime they speak to the cameras about whats going on, the girls are always wearing the same outfit and have the same hair, as if they did all the talking and recapping at the same moment? Does anyone know what I mean, and know why? Do they do all the talking to the cameras in one shot? Thanks.

I don't think they always look the same. I'm guessing they have interviews at the end, and maybe in the middle where the producers ask them questions, and they respond. I believe they're called Confessionals.

everytime they talk each girl always looks the same, why would they always look the exact same then?

giz
    I think it was last year we decided these confessionals (the same hair, clothes ones) are recorded after the fact. Eva was super-cheerful, which in retrospect was a little fishy. If you listen to their tense, I think most of the time they are talking as if it only just happened, or they are editiing it to make is sound recent.

Buffytwin, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I don't have a TIVO so I can't go back and check previous episodes, but I thought the same thing this week. I'm fairly certain that at least Keenya and Kahlen were wearing the same clothes with the same hair that they had in Confessionals for previous episodes.

Obviously they don't specifically film "episodes" for reality TV so I'm not surprised by some crossover from one episode to the next, but I swear Kahlen has had that same shirt and hairstyle in Confessionals for at least 3 or 4 different episodes throughout the season.

Ya I probably wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for Keenya. I noticed b/c her hair was driving me nuts, and everytime she talked into the camera I noticed it, and her bright pink shirt.. Then I started to look for it and was the same with the other girls... After noticing that I also noticed it in an other show I watch... Seems kinda stupid to do it all at once though, wouldn't that mean that they know they've been kicked off? Seems strange.

giz
    Perhaps that's why some girls don't seem to get much airtime in these confesssionals, maybe they're pissed off! Or maybe their comments just aren't that exciting. We almost never see Brittany or Naima, but we saw Michelle ad nauseum. (I can't even picture what Naima or Brittany is wearing in these bits, but Kahlen, Keenyah and Michelle I can).

I've pondered this subject for a while aswell. I dont think that there interviews are all recorded at the end. I think that they're recorded several times throught the competion, probrably before eliminations. The girls are always wearing the same clothes, but sometimes they look slightly different. Brittany for example, usually has those shear bangs etc., but last night on her interviews in looked as if she was wearing more make up than usualy. I dunno just a thought.

giz
    But why would they always have the same clothes on? It was the same last year, always the same clothes. And I don't ever see Keenyah with that awful hairdo in tape we know was shot during the show. Only in those confessionals. They do shoot the occasional confessional during the show (that we see), but the majority must be shot afterwards, and all at once.

Naima sometimes has her hair way up, and sometimes its a bit toned down... Kahlen always has messy hair..
    "this love is unbreakable..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast