Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4/27 show discussion

4/27 show discussion

If I put this thread up by mistake please put it in the correct thread, but I checked 2 pages and I don't see a 4/27 show discussion.

I really thought that Keenyah was going to go. If she eats under stress she needs to control it, else she is going to eat herself out of a job. I know she made a comment about last years winner, Yoanna House, but Yoanna was a bit pudgy because she had just lost 60 pounds and her skin had not caught up with her yet. I am sure that Yoanna is tight and firm by now because her job depends on it. Others have commented on Tyra getting a bit pudgy herself and I think that is true but even she has admitted that the fashion world will forgive her cause she is a name already.

In one sense I was sad to see Michelle go, because it did seem as if her pictures were getting better and you could see that she was gaining confidence in herself, but in this contest they are looking for an all around person who can represent ANTM and Cover Girl and Michelle is not quite their yet. She really needs to work on her posture and get rid of that No Neck look, Also that bleached blonde look was awful on her. Why if it is a professional bleach job do I see 1 inch roots??? Please, please if nothing else get a Tony Robbins course and "Empower Yourself"

During the Safari ride with the lions I really wanted to throw Brittany/Bethany/what's her name/ out of the jeep, doesn't she realize there is a time to shut up and this was it. That girls outrageousness is an asset and can be her downfall.

Again, I have the criticize the girls basic education. Aloof, please have none of them figured out that they all desperately need the Reader's Digest Power Words. They come across so dumb it is a national embarrassment and speaks volumes about the poor quality of the American education system.

Thank goodness for this thead! Now I can ask: who won Covergirl of the Week for last episode?
    "At this point I'm assuming their child is dead. Most likely crushed beneath a mountain of corn dogs. Not that Britney or Kevin would notice. Arguing and drinking seems to take up most of their time. As does Britney's attempts to turn herself into a giant blob of jello."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    If I put this thread up by mistake please put it in the correct thread, but I checked 2 pages and I don't see a 4/27 show discussion.

Again, I have the criticize the girls basic education. Aloof, please have none of them figured out that they all desperately need the Reader's Digest Power Words. They come across so dumb it is a national embarrassment and speaks volumes about the poor quality of the American education system.
    Okay, but what does aloof actually mean?

Quote Originally Posted by nora
    Thank goodness for this thead! Now I can ask: who won Covergirl of the Week for last episode?

Naima won again.

Quote Originally Posted by dawls_power

distant

Aloof: Distant physically or emotionally; reserved and remote

(basically, Christina's normal look. She should have rocked that one )
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

giz
    In a lame season, I thought this was the best episode so far. There was more time spent on judging, and less on aimless challenges (not that there weren't aimless challenges, but they seemed to take up less airtime). Jay Alexander was in it. There was lots of Janice, which is always good. The whole Keenyah thing was interesting, as she is basically doing a bad job of keeping her weight down, and when people do bad jobs they get fired (or if she was a real-world model, not hired in the first place). It's odd that last season there was so much emphasis on exercise and this season -nothing. What are they taking up the time with? Oh, yah, letting slobbery bears eat marshmallows out of their mouth. As Shannon would say "Oh ma word!" Is that supposed to be good training for the casting couch? What the hell was the point of that? Tyra looks to be up to about a size 8 by now. Less ribs, more vegetables.

Oh, and aloof thing (I like how they are continuing the theme of magenta-gate), I think Naima and Keenyah knew what it meant, we didn't see them asking. The rest of them, what are they doing with their time in the house? Not reading anything at all apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by dawls_power
    Detatched. Having no need, desire, or much (if any) awareness of other people and social relationships.

giz
    It ticked me off that they retouched Keenyah. Tyra said they wouldn't retouch her in real-life, and I think we should see what it really looked like (or maybe I'm a fatty voyeur. Ooh, no, that's too gross to contemplate).

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    It ticked me off that they retouched Keenyah. Tyra said they wouldn't retouch her in real-life, and I think we should see what it really looked like (or maybe I'm a fatty voyeur. Ooh, no, that's too gross to contemplate).
    I felt if they needed to completely fabricate a new body for her, then Michelle should have stayed.

I never thought Michelle should win but lets face it, at least she didn't have to be airbrushed a new torso.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast