Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4/27 show discussion

Well, we don't necessarily know if they only airbrushed Keenyah shot or if they airbrush all the girls shots as well but not as much as they did for elephant lady.

I think they should show both the untouch and the retouched shots....they did that in cyle three for the beauty shots.

I loved how they showed a lot more of Naima. She was really funny. And Kahlens one liners were priceless. ("They killed Mufasa!")

(I think that Naima and Keenyah did know what aloof meant. )

Kao
    LOL! did anyone notice that the lions went crazy after Tyra came out to greet them? They were all like "MOMMMY! You came! We give you ALLEGIANCE!"

What was UP with Kahlen being all paranoid when the dancers surrounded everyone? Silly girl, they're not going to eat you...

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by Oublier
    I felt if they needed to completely fabricate a new body for her, then Michelle should have stayed.

I never thought Michelle should win but lets face it, at least she didn't have to be airbrushed a new torso.
    I think they must be airbrushing Michelle's skin though. It can't just be makeup covering her splotcheyness. That's a good idea though, Dreamer, to show the untouched and retouched shots. I wish they'd show a lot more photos from the shoots anyway. All this, this is your best photo stuff, is bound to make us suspicious.

I just caught a Tyra boo-boo. She didn't pronounce the "haute" in "haute couture" with a silent h, so it sounded like "hoete". See, even Tyra herself can't pronounce things properly. And she's a REAL model. Sigh...

I noticed that as soon as it came out of her mouth . It really was silly.

I also rolled my eyes when Brittany won the challenge because she scrunched her face up, then Tyra came out and told them the point was to capture the essence of the animal, not mimic it. Okayyyy…
    Last edited by jasmar; 04-29-2005 at 03:50 PM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I think they air brush all the girls but they had to air brush Keenyah the most, and not only in the torso area either, cuz when she was taking the shot, her legs and thighs were much bigger but in the picture it was clearly air brushed out.

giz
    If anyone clever out there could post a screencap of Keenyah posing next to the airbrushed photo we could get an idea of how much airbrushing was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Len
    I just caught a Tyra boo-boo. She didn't pronounce the "haute" in "haute couture" with a silent h, so it sounded like "hoete". See, even Tyra herself can't pronounce things properly. And she's a REAL model. Sigh...
    I know, but I hear alot of places where they pronouced it the way Tyra did. Like on VH1, the narrator pronouced it the way she did and I hear alot of people say it like that but I can't remember from where. So I guess, there's more than one way to pronouce it.

giz
    I wish they'd shown more of the girl's reactions to being in Africa. Some of them have obviously never been out of rural America, L.A. was a culture shock, never mind Africa. (Kahlen - "shoes, what are these fancy shoe things, airplanes, what are these giant flying birds?" or words to that effect.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast