Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild Theories: judging patterns, rag-to-riches, conspiracies SPECULATION ONLY

Wild Theories: judging patterns, rag-to-riches, conspiracies SPECULATION ONLY

Ever since the finale of ANTM3 and SI: Swimsuit Edition Model Search, I have realized that the winners have been tough tomboys who came from rough backgrounds. Do you think that producers look for a rags-to-riches story to sell their shows more to viewers?

It helps, but I think in the end, they chose the girl who has what it takes. Take Tiffany for example, she probably could've won, but with the attitude, they had to show her that they meant business.

So, I wouldn't just assume that it's all TV, or what have you. They are professionals and they are just trying to pass the torch on to some girls who really wanna know. Hell, I wish real life would give me an 'extended internship' doing something I think I really wanna do. That way, I'd know in a matter of weeks, this ain't for me, or I'm gonna take what I learned here and go further.

So many people think they wanna do something for years, then finally get into the job after a number of years only to learn they hate it. So, it's good that they do this, but I don't think they only pick girls who have "sob stories..."

Quote Originally Posted by paradice777
    It helps, but I think in the end, they chose the girl who has what it takes. Take Tiffany for example, she probably could've won, but with the attitude, they had to show her that they meant business.

So, I wouldn't just assume that it's all TV, or what have you. They are professionals and they are just trying to pass the torch on to some girls who really wanna know. Hell, I wish real life would give me an 'extended internship' doing something I think I really wanna do. That way, I'd know in a matter of weeks, this ain't for me, or I'm gonna take what I learned here and go further.

So many people think they wanna do something for years, then finally get into the job after a number of years only to learn they hate it. So, it's good that they do this, but I don't think they only pick girls who have "sob stories..."
    I am not saying always. But for Cycles One and Three, Adrianne and Eva both have rough backgrounds. Although Shannon should have won, they still chose Adrianne, probably because she could have put more use into the prize. But JMO.

FORT Newbie

Judging Patterns *possible spoiler*

this might be highly speculative but...

in every season of top model in the final episode....

for some reason the second to last cut, the winner of this elimination is the winner of the show.

also for the final two, whoever Janice votes for they lose.
    i.e. she preferred shannon over adrianne, she chose mercedes over Yoanna, and she said that Yaya would be the more versatile model in the end.

my advice, piss off janice to win.

Yoanna?

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Yoanna?
    Her father is one of the richest doctors in the Jacksonville, Florida area. How is she Rags-To-Riches?

Dear, exactly. So your theory doesn't hold much water. They may keep David Copperfield types on air for entertainment, but they don't always crown them.

Ever since the finale of ANTM3 and SI: Swimsuit Edition Model Search, I have realized that the winners have been tough tomboys who came from rough backgrounds.

This thread is for second guessing the judges'/producers'/Tyra's motives. Long live the conspiracy theory!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Elyse looking famous Poor Grace's Avatar
    Yo wasn't raggy, but the show LOOOOOVED talking about how "quirky" she was, and how the show polished her into a high fashion lady. Which is a total lie, in my opinion. Yo changed very little throughout the course of the show. So transformation is the big thing, I think, which makes me think Brittany is this season's winner.

Poor Grace, there's no way for me to convey the depths of the wrongness of your avatar.

Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast