Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild Theories: judging patterns, rag-to-riches, conspiracies SPECULATION ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by suckmytoes
    And so far, I think Janice's favorite is... gosh I have no idea but whoever it is, she ain't winning.
    which has me worried, because Janice seems to like Naima...

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    Thats why i said in my opinion lol personaly i just dont like eva
    I thought Eva had a very weak portfolio. In fact, I thought photographs were her weakness. Her strength was looking striking in person and having the correct personality.
    I would say that Amanda and Yaya had better portfolios than her. But then again, thats just me!

Quote Originally Posted by czarina
    I thought Eva had a very weak portfolio. In fact, I thought photographs were her weakness. Her strength was looking striking in person and having the correct personality.
    I would say that Amanda and Yaya had better portfolios than her. But then again, thats just me!
    Thank you!

I have read it on the boards, and I have to agree that I "believe" the judges (or just Tyra) has a winner in mind before the show even starts. Did I think that Shandi, Michelle, Tocarra, etc, had a chance to win? Absolutely not. They are interesting or attractive girls who are good filler to build the show around. But win it? NO!
    I like Michelle. Will she win it? Heck, no! Will Kahlen? She has a better chance, but I see her as very Shandi-ish, awkward girl who with polishing comes on strong but just doesn't have the confidence to pull it off. I would prefer Kahlen over most anybody, but think that Brittany may be able to pull it off.
    And I think the judges have liked Brittany from the get-go. From the start, they made Janice comparisons, and are really encouraging her, taming her overt sexuality, admiring her personality.
    These girls are very hard to peg this season.
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown730
    Do you think that producers look for a rags-to-riches story to sell their shows more to viewers?

yes....i think that is the only reason that girl won the SI show

FORT Fan

ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Grace
    Yo wasn't raggy, but the show LOOOOOVED talking about how "quirky" she was, and how the show polished her into a high fashion lady. Which is a total lie, in my opinion. Yo changed very little throughout the course of the show. So transformation is the big thing, I think, which makes me think Brittany is this season's winner.
    Same thing for #3... all of a sudden, on the final...everyone was going on about how APPROACHABLE Yaya suddenly was... and I'm like HUH?!? I thought Amanda had the much more approachable covergirl shot... and Yaya still seemed aloof and distant. This is a harder season to speculate about: I think Eva is a bit of a star, and will be a success...who can follow her up? Naima has the personalty... but I see her as too up and down on her photos (zodiac, milk, gas being low points). Brittany is a big entertainer...but she doesn't impress me as reliable or mature. Michelle is distictive, and can be personable...but doesn't have the outgoing personality... I jus' dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Didia
    I think they are editing the whole show to make Kahlen win... at first they made Naime like a somewhat graceful- perfect model..... but some how her phtos weren't that strong. And they made Kahlen out as an innocent young girl with self confidence issue, and now there is even more drama added to her with the whole death thing.... so I don't know....But i really want Naima to win.
    Naima is reminding me of Amanda's position.... great photos, well liked, beautiful, but really not able to come out on top in this competition..... Though I love Naima, I'm afraid she's starting to look like a #3 position in the finals, with 2 more controversial / those with the most 'growth' duking it out for the top honors.
    "Clothes tell a story, and yours tell the story of a crazy, deranged kickboxer who still lives with his mother in Queens." -Carson

Photobooth Pics In House

I wasn't sure where else to put this! But did anyone else notice the photobooth pictures in the house? There are two girls beside each other. Not sure if it is anything important but here are the girls together:

Naima/Kahlen
    Christina/Keenyah
    Brittany/Noelle
    Lluvy/Michelle
    Brita/Tiffany
    Sarah/Tatiana
    Brandy/Rebecca

I think it's awesome that my two faves pics are next to each other!

I think Kenya wins. The reason being on another forum speculation is that the person you least think will win, wins or something of that nature.

Plus, she's from Compton. Poor little girl who escapes the bad side of town.
    In some of her interviews, she has the same look Eva had, that Oh, my gosh, I won look.

Tyra likes people who reminds her of herself.

I think that she's probably the most marketable, she could reach out the both a white and black audence. The others are more lopsided in who would recieve them. It's speculation, but I see the signs of a Kenya victory. I see the signs.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by Weinie
    I think Kenya wins. The reason being on another forum speculation is that the person you least think will win, wins or something of that nature.
    Duh! Can anyone say Michelle?