Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Episode 6 Photoshoot

Aud
    FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by pella
    Well I've taken some pics in my day and I wouldn't say I was proud of her picture AT ALL.

Natural? I think Christina's picture is waaaaay more natural. I'm not even a fan of Christina and I think she did a much better job. I compare them because their poses are similar.

As poses goes, Kahlen's was definitely unnatural; way too contrived--if it's contrived at least have a little edge to it, but this doesn't have it. Most people don't stand the way she does in her picture...just too much, with hips out, legs splayed, and elbows way up like that and head back. However, it's really her face where I find the picture just doesn't cut it. Her eyes just looks so dead and the whole face looks pinchy. Solid picture? No way. Brittany's picture is more solid, except for the upclose mouth picture. Too bad for Michelle's face, or else that would have been a great picture too. At least withh Naima's picture, it's fierce and definitely edgier than the other pics, totally not boring like most of these pictures.
    Funny... I have taken some pictures in my day too!

As I have said before.. they were ALL awful, but if I had to pick one.. Kahlen's was indeed the best. It is all about interpretation, and that is what makes photography art.. and not science. It is subjective. (psst..most photog's know this!)

~A

Quote Originally Posted by czarina
    agreed.

It seems like they are throwing in as many elements into each photo shoot as possible and it seems like its distracting from the shoots sometimes.
    Even next week-one some sort of platform, wind machine with feathers, male model with them.
    I disagree. I think it makes the photoshoot surprising and original! I like the creative aspect of their photoshoots, Alien, Walking Dogs, Ethnicity switch and so on... I mean the pictures end up GREAT! don't they?

But last weeks photoshoot with the rain & wind machine, was the worst shoot of all Cycles in my opinion. The pictures I think came out mostly bad, and the idea of it is just stupid, I like it when they do HIGH fashion photoshoots like the Garden of Eden in cycle 2.

I can come up with a lot of good photoshoots... LIKE THAT!
    they should hire me!

giz
    I don't think the photos turn out that well, at least not the majority. I'd like to see how they do in a simple photo. Black and white, girl, chair, maybe a tree. Then we'll see who's good.

I agree with giz...A simple photo shoot like simple 50's dresses in black and white.But other then that this weeks photo shoot was my favorite..Best : Britt Kahlen and Tatiana...Worst:Michelle and Naima...I'm not impressed with Naima at all..
    Last edited by John; 04-12-2005 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    I don't think the photos turn out that well, at least not the majority. I'd like to see how they do in a simple photo. Black and white, girl, chair, maybe a tree. Then we'll see who's good.
    That wouldn't be challenging, anyone can take a good photo like that - even me. But it takes a Top Model to still look good even with distractions like rain, wind, holding a child, walking dogs, etc.

That wouldn't be challenging, anyone can take a good photo like that - even me. But it takes a Top Model to still look good even with distractions like rain, wind, holding a child, walking dogs, etc.

I think the opposite. Anyone can be made to look good if they have tons of make-up covering up thier flaws and theatrical things distracting from thier natural beauty.

You or I may look good in a black and white photo next to a tree, but I doubt we look striking or model-like. I bet it looks more like a year book photo. A photo shoot like that seperates the model-like from the non-model like girls, because some girls, despite being in plain surrounding are able to command so much presence and have such an alluring look that they stand out. The models need to beable to do the theatrical type shoots and the classic shoots. But so far we haven't had any classic type shoots.

Yes! Tatiana and Kahlen (and probably Keenyah ) would really shine in a simple shoot like that.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

giz
    Thanks, Justhere, that was very well put. Exactly what I meant (but forgot to spell out!). Sure in a simple black and white we all look better than in colour because it evens out our skin tones. It brings out the character. But do we look beautiful? Oh? Thank you, but I didn't mean me specifically. In a black and white with a model, hopefully you are intrigued and drawn in, in a way which is less common with a colour shoot. Without distractions, let's see who shines.