Thread: SPOILER...Tyra's Interview w/ "Suede" mag

The Top Model...Omahyra RespectJersey's Avatar

SPOILER...Tyra's Interview w/ "Suede" mag

WARNING....

I re-typed portions of the "Tyra On Top" article from 'Suede' magazine. These are POSSIBLE SPOILERS for season four of ANTM. If the mods have any problem with this thread....my apologies!

Enjoy...

"But while the entrepreneurial semiretired supermodel’s ability to keep a secret may frustrate the press-including this writer-it’s a skill that’s obviously served Banks well in her many business endeavors. Which is why it came as no surprise when the Victoria’s Secret pinup was forced to rescind her invitation to a meeting with Kevin Mok, executive producer of her hit UPN reality series, America’s Next Top Model, after network bigwigs expressed concern about classified details of the show’s fourth season-which premiered March 2– being leaked to the media. “The success of Top Model has been tremendous for UPN,” explains the network’s president, Dawn Ostroff. “Everything in the show-including the characters, the drama, the catfights, the triumphs, and the storytelling-all come together to make the show a ratings success.” Although Banks is careful not to spill the beans about the inevitable bickering and backstabbing that Top Model viewers can expect to see in season four, she reveals that she suffers from a near nervous breakdown that will be shown in at least one episode. “I’m not gonna say what happens, but wait until you see it,” she teases. “I saw where I could go from being under so much stress or being disappointed in a girl or the show, and I said ‘OK, now that I know what that feels like, I’ll never get there again because it’s not worth it.’"

"So how does Banks rate herself against the contestants on her show? “I’m very by the book and diplomatic,” she says. “I think our girls tend to be either a little bit more extreme, or a little softer, mousier and introverted. There’s a girl in season four that kind of has a big personality like I have when I’m with my friends but she does a couple of things that I would never do, like drinking.'"

"In fact, the stress of Banks’ heavy workload brought her to tears on season four’s soon-to-be infamous episode of Top Model."

This article was written by Margeaux Watson for Suede magazine.

By the title of the episode, I would assume the April 13th ep will be the one.
    I feel bad for Tyra, but it'll be fun to see Mrs. Perfect go mental! haha

I think the whole article was talking about that episode titled "The girl who Pushes Tyra to the Edge" and the episode next week. I think the episode will be more about Tyra suffering rather than Tyra getting mad at a girl and making her suffer. And the one girl it was talking about was obviously Brittany, who is shown drinking and partying in the "Tacky Dance" episode. I can't wait for Tyra's head to explode!!

Lipstick and Callous GlitterGabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RespectJersey
    There’s a girl in season four that kind of has a big personality like I have when I’m with my friends but she does a couple of things that I would never do, like drinking.'"[/I]
    Definitely screams Brittany!

Thanks RespectJersey!
    Ich liebe dich!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by cowchpotaytoe
    I think the whole article was talking about that episode titled "The girl who Pushes Tyra to the Edge" and the episode next week. I think the episode will be more about Tyra suffering rather than Tyra getting mad at a girl and making her suffer. And the one girl it was talking about was obviously Brittany, who is shown drinking and partying in the "Tacky Dance" episode. I can't wait for Tyra's head to explode!!
    Well, we know now that Brittany's partying doesn't force the yell. Any other spoilers on who it might be?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by estella_nyc
    Well, we know now that Brittany's partying doesn't force the yell. Any other spoilers on who it might be?

Well, in the preview, there's a reaction shot of Michelle burying her face in her hand and Tatiana looking as defiant as all get out.

I read a reply in another thread referring to this article saying that the girl who drinks is the girl Tyra loses her temper with, which I must say is really not logical. In the article, it describes Tyra nearly having a nervous breakdown, and then later, it quotes Tyra describing various girls. The two don't have anything to do with each other, Tyra is merely describing girls in the latter part, not saying that the girl with the big personality is the girl who takes her to the edge.

I can't wait for this episode!