Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: High Fashion Destination Speculation ***now with SPOILERS***

Couture Connoisseur

High Fashion Destination Speculation ***now with SPOILERS***

I think the title is cathchy. anyhoo. Over the past 3 cycles, I've been able to predict where they're going to go, just because it was plainly obvious. France is the city of High Fashion, and we know how much Tyra loves to spout the gospel of High Fashion, then to keep the high fashion Europian thing, I knew they'd be hitting Milan, and I was almost positive last season they'd be going to Tokyo, just because the season seemed hip and quirky and Tokyo is so inventive.

However, this season is a bit tricky to predict. I was thinking that they'd hit Australia and do some high fashion swimsuit shots, but with the Aussie version of Top Model I think it would be unethical... (to get all up in one's territory, so to speak.) Then I was thinking Spain, however we've already done Italy, so it'd be very simmilar and dull. Hopefully we'll take a new spin and go somewhere cold, like Scandinavia or (haha) Canada.

Anyone else have a speculation on where Tyra will jetset her final 5?

RUSSIA

Haha And I think Tatiana will excel in that atmosphere, just like Norelle excelled in Japan. I remember watching Fashion File, and Heatherette was doing a Russian shoot and they said all the girls in Russia look like supermodels at the age of 18. So its kinda a fashionable place. And its also a place they havent been. So i think it is very likely

Quote Originally Posted by bobpickle
    RUSSIA

I remember watching Fashion File, and Heatherette was doing a Russian shoot and they said all the girls in Russia look like supermodels at the age of 18. So its kinda a fashionable place. And its also a place they havent been. So i think it is very likely
    I absolutely agree. I would LOVE to see the girls head to Moscow. If I recall correctly, J. Lo set up her flagship store in Moscow. It would definately be cool to see the girls in such a unique enviornment (much like Japan was). Hopefully Tyra will agree

Come on Россия!
    "At this point I'm assuming their child is dead. Most likely crushed beneath a mountain of corn dogs. Not that Britney or Kevin would notice. Arguing and drinking seems to take up most of their time. As does Britney's attempts to turn herself into a giant blob of jello."

Press 1 to hear "Rule Britannia";

If you're a an anti-imperialist, Press 2 to hear a rousing rendition of "I see London, I see France..."

Just sayin' what my 8-ball be preachin'. I think the Russophiles among youse are hopin' beyond hope.

Certified Snarkypants SaucyRedhead77's Avatar
    Yeah I have a feeling it's going to be London.

I say...London or Moscow

Russia would be my choice, too! London really should probably be next, but I feel it's a tiny bit stagnant right now in terms of fashion, so it's reduced to second to Moscow for me. Paris, Milan, and Tokyo still have a lot to offer. Maybe New Zealand, maybe Madrid... I'm not interested in the "fashion suburbs" of Hong Kong, Sydney, etc., where I feel they haven't defined themselves yet with their own originality (just my opinion).

As for predictions, I'm not going to make any, because I've read **spoilers**.

London or Moscow. Probably London.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

FORT Fogey
    I'd guess London. Of course, they left NY for LA, which means NY is open for a trip. Which I think is stupid, because 1) NY isn't very special and 2) NY is the home of J-Lo's line and a ton of other non-fashion events.

I don't exactly like LA. It's my least favorite major city in the world, and I don't think the show belongs there. (But I'm from SF, and therefore extremely biased. )

I wouldn't be hailing the death of the New York fashion scene just yet (nor London's, for that matter). I think there's such a mob mentality to these fatalist predictions. People are always saying it's the end of something, or the beginning, or both at the same time, and then everyone wants to agree. New York has just hit a plateau in terms of fresh talent and is bending less subtly to certain whims. But no one knows what will happen next: it still has a fairly decent reputation and will always be an eclectic city and a changing city. Just my opinion. To bring this rambling back to subject, I think New York shouldn't be a destination, because it's where ANTM should take place.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast