Page 1 of 232 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyra

Tyra

This is where we discuss Tyra Banks, her shameless self-promotion, her terrible hair... Did she stage that? Are her breasts real? No really, I quite like Tyra. If she starts to get on your nerves, the generally suggested remedy is an episode of Project Runway with Heidi Klum. Most patients experience positive results.

Baby Tyra - She looks so fresh and innocent here!

Some interesting interviews:
    Models.com
    Paper Mag

Okay, that's all for now.

FORT Newbie

Tyra

I think Tyra is the ultimate diva....

Well like you said, after Heidi on PR, I'm ready for another dose of Tyra.

FORT Regular
    Was Tyra ever a high-fashion model? All I ever seen her was in SI things or regular swimsuit and magainze stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by brwnhotcoco
    Was Tyra ever a high-fashion model? All I ever seen her was in SI things or regular swimsuit and magainze stuff.
    Tyra was a high fashion model. I hear she used to do the whole runway circuit, Vogue, and everything. (I think this was back in the early nineties, so I'm too young to remember personally, and there's not much evidence on the Internet.) But I think she left fashion earlier than most with the intent of pursuing a commercial career, which is where she's definitely made a bigger mark.

You should read the articles I posted: She talks about how there's little money in fashion for black models, because they rarely get campaigns, and how she was tired to the size standards. She also doesn't seem to have much appreciation for fashion in general. I think Tyra saw Sports Illustrated, Cover Girl, Victoria's Secret, acting, this show, etc. as moving on to bigger and better things.

Those were great interviews, Salome. Thanks much!

I love how straightforward Tyra is. There seems to be very little BS about her. I loved how she admitted that she considers ANTM a little cheesy, but is still serious about it and her other ventures.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Fogey
    Somebody actually found some! Its all bathing suits bathing suits bathing suits when I try to look but here are some!

too bad for every one photo like this there are 99 photos of her looking trashy

I know. She needs to take half the lessons she dishes out to the contestants - personal style comes to mind.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I want to BE Tyra!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

She needs to change that ugly bigass hair, less is more Tyra, remember what you've said so many times!