Page 52 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyra

thanks for the pics DeeYou! she has that same pose in pic. 5 as one of her promo pics for cycle 5. sorry for the ignorance but i have no idea about that tyra-naomi feud. would anyone care to share?

Here's the some images of Tyra and a screen of my collection of Tyra photos, and the screen is only half the page.I have more I need to go download, but I didn't yet:

Quote Originally Posted by antmfans
    thanks for the pics DeeYou! she has that same pose in pic. 5 as one of her promo pics for cycle 5. sorry for the ignorance but i have no idea about that tyra-naomi feud. would anyone care to share?
    Short version: Naomi was the most popular black model of her time, then Tyra hit the scene and obviously Naomi felt threatened by the competition that Tyra posed as a new black model. The competition between the two got to a point where Naomi refused to walk the same fashion shows as Tyra and tried her best to get Tyra fired from jobs. When Tyra talks about her early modelling career on ANTM, she talks about people doing everything in their power to bring her down when she was in Paris. When she says 'people', she means Naomi.

P.S thanks Rashad!!

I get confused.Are Tyra's eyes green or brown? Her green eyes look very natural but in a few pictures she has brown eyes.I don't know.Does anyone have the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by hungry_hippo
    I get confused.Are Tyra's eyes green or brown? Her green eyes look very natural but in a few pictures she has brown eyes.I don't know.Does anyone have the answer?
    They're both green and brown, around the edges there like acorn brown, and in the midst of her eyes is olive green.

I always think you can tell which girls were born to be models by there nose.

Tyra Banks has this amazing nose, it seems to be built like I dunno its just very pretty ... lol. So now whenever I look at any budding model, I always check if she has a beautifully shaped nose ... i know its weird

But anyways Tyra has an amazing body (and nose)

i lovye the picture of tyra where tyra is supposed to be like some sort of art in a museum. it's flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by antmfans
    Naomi Campbell has done many hateful things to Tyra, as she says in interviews. Naomi tried gettin' Tyra kicked off a Chanel show and tryin' to get her fired from gigs because Naomi had that power and also refusing to walk runways because Tyra was in it (obviously she's an attention hog). Tyra never said anything about this while it was happening until later on. Like DeeYou said, Naomi was afraid Tyra might steal her crown as the #1 black supermodel. Naomi should be scared, back then, Tyra had a better face, better body and Tyra was taller. (Naomi 5'9, Tyra 5'11) Naomi looks short on runways IMO except for on Victoria Secret because you can see her legs alot.

The fued between the two has gotten so bad that Tyra can't even utter her name. Naomi Campbell is a crazy-ass bitch, this behavior from her is no surprise, she's known for her temper. Naomi was once charged for choking and throwing a cellphone at her assistance (everyone should've heard about that; it was an unforgettable model moment in history ), she also has plead guilty to drug abuse and buying drugs. She's also famous for making demands including being the first one to walk the runway and being the last. She's very respectable a model but she's also known for her that short temper. Personally, I love Naomi Campbell (the model).
    Last edited by suckmytoes; 09-10-2005 at 07:22 PM.

Tyra is 6'0 but her management card says 5'11!

aga
    FORTified
    They are doing a profile of the Tyra Banks show on the TV Guide channel. It is on until 7:00 ET.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)