Page 5 of 232 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyra

been_supporting_April aprilshouldawin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisastory
    I think I have rediscovered my love for Tyra. She was really great in season one. I keep remembering the scene where she was helping Adrienne get her makeup done for the hamburgler photo. Tyra started to lose me with the Shaka Ya body and me me me-ness of cycle 2. I liked her a little better last cycle, though I was turned off by her extreme drag-queenishness at panel. While watching the first episode of this cycle, I remembered why I like her. She seems very normal to me. I can't imagine having a conversation with Janice, Nigel, Jay, etc without one of us becoming violent. But Tyra is someone you could sit and talk to. She's intelligent, extremely talented as a model, and has a face that is incredibly beautiful but is also accessible. It doesn't mean that I don't see any of the negative stuff (e.g. eliminating Mary and then comforting her as if she wasn't the one who cut the poor girl from the conversation. It's not like she didn't know that Mary was going to fall apart when she got cut.) But I think she knows that if she wants to keep this show on tv, she is going to have to cater to the producers, who want drama and lots of it. And Tyra is also the star of the show, so she's got to participate in the crap too.

I don't believe Tyra created this show as an homage to herself. I think her heart really is in the right place. I don't see any other supermodels doing so much to help other people - helping younger girls get a leg up or starting a camp to help disadvantaged teenage girls gain self esteem, confidence, and leadership qualities. And I certainly don't see any other models as willing to show the world what they *really* look like sans makeup and artistic lighting. (Of course, I don't see many supermodels around in general, but I'm just saying. )

Tyra is both of these people
    I would hate her if she didn't give Mary a hug. I don't think she was being fake at all. She had her own reason to not choosing Mary, but it didn't mean she couldn't feel sorry for Mary.

been_supporting_April aprilshouldawin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cowchpotaytoe

Also, I saw her get Punk'd today on MTV and while you could tell she was noticeably upset throughout her ordeal, she never used bad language or made a scene. That takes a lot of restraint.
    Exactly! I like the way she uses her language. No need to yell at anyone or being bossy, but everyone could be scared of her. I think I would myself if I did something wrong and she gave me her speech.

Does anyone have an image of the picture they showed of Tyra in the ANTM 4 second episode? It was right before the elimination.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    This is the haircut and colour that I would LOVE to see Tyra sport again:

So natural and stunning

her lips has a very odd shape to it in the first picture... It is like she put gloss putside her lips too lol
    "this love is unbreakable..."

her nose is crazy-perfect

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Didn't she just look stunning in those photos? Why is she still sporting that red-hair, drag queen look?

It puzzles me

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    I have never been a fan of the red hair-do, but I have to say the short length makes it look much better now.

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by coftia
    her lips has a very odd shape to it in the first picture... It is like she put gloss putside her lips too lol
    If you look closely at a lot of fashion photos they have put the lippie outside the lips. No need to do that with Brittany!

Oh wow, I love the pictures with the short brown hair.

I wish she would get rid of the red!! :phhht