Page 14 of 232 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyra

Certified Snarkypants SaucyRedhead77's Avatar
    Well it isn't exactly as if the girls were dragged kicking and screaming onto the show. Adrianne and Yoanna and Ann should be thanking their lucky stars they got an opportunity, not badmouthing the woman who gave it to them. They are damn lucky, most would-be-models would kill for what they got. As Elyse so wisely said "A modelling contract is not a basic human right." Maybe if these girls think that being on ANTM was so damaging to their careers, they should go back to doing whatever they were before. I'm sure Adrianne would be much happier slinging chicken and living in the "boonies of Illinois", and Yoanna would be happy as a clam babysitting for the rest of her life. I mean honestly, they asked for it, nobody forced them, and they got it. Now they have the audacity to complain about it? That's ridiculous.
    Good Things Come to Obsessive Compulsives Who Fixate

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SaucyRedhead77
    Well it isn't exactly as if the girls were dragged kicking and screaming onto the show. Adrianne and Yoanna and Ann should be thanking their lucky stars they got an opportunity, not badmouthing the woman who gave it to them. They are damn lucky, most would-be-models would kill for what they got. As Elyse so wisely said "A modelling contract is not a basic human right." Maybe if these girls think that being on ANTM was so damaging to their careers, they should go back to doing whatever they were before. I'm sure Adrianne would be much happier slinging chicken and living in the "boonies of Illinois", and Yoanna would be happy as a clam babysitting for the rest of her life. I mean honestly, they asked for it, nobody forced them, and they got it. Now they have the audacity to complain about it? That's ridiculous.
    They weren't complaining. As I remember it, which is vaguely, they said "The show was a great opportunity and helped me a lot. Its unfortunate, however.." or something along those lines. Ann flat out said that the competition was embarassing and would hurt her as a model. I don't blame her, because she's right, and she's one of the girls that could have done better without the show most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    But we love the show!!
    Damn right we do!

oh my god i didnt watch top model on wednesday so i watched it tonight tyra scared me when she yelled at whoever she did i hope shes ok shes the last person i would ever ecpect to do that

aga
    FORTified

Tyra's Got Gas Picture

I am a dissenter about her picture this week. I am not impressed with it at all.

Personally, I don't think Tyra and that water came within 10 miles of each other.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Aud
    FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    Tyra follows the talent. Season one, tons of potential. She stuck around. Season two, she got more involved as the talent thinned out. Season three, she made specific efforts to make Ann (the one with the most potential) work it. Season four, they're all pretty sub-par so I don't think she cares.

ANTM is such a joke. Its even worse than those scam modeling schools Tyra talks about. She picks fat girls and short girls to be in the competition for Drama when she knows thats not what the industry is about. Then she wastes their time and exploits them on TV. Appearing on Top Model actually hurts a girls reputation, as attested to by Adrianne, Ann, and Yoanna. At least at modeling schools the girls learn how to walk.
    I don't think most here *really* know the industry as a whole...just one part of it. This is Americans Next *Top* Model. That means the contestant must model, work the runway, act, and also be a spokesperson. That person can be short, fat, or have one leg with a kick stand...as long as the WORLD can relate to them, follow them around, and obsess on their every move... (yes.. the haters obsess more than the actual fans do) then THAT is a winner. This is why short works... sassiness works..and the contract is with Ford, and they are a full service agency...which means they WANT that versatility.

While I don't think the world is ready for a plus sized top model yet.. they will be soon as long as Tyra keeps putting them in the public eye. THAT is what she is doing...she wants to make them common...eventhough we know they won't win yet. That is all part of the business, and once you work in this business you will see all sides of it...

Sure Eva isn't the best runway model based on her height, but she can definitely WORK the runway as well as other aspects of the industry...and work them well.

THAT is what ANTM is doing....and Tyra is on point with it all.

~A

giz
    I think Ann is the last one to be talking as she was hopeless at learning the few things ANTM threw her way. Yes, she's finally got it, but would an agency have stuck with her that long (the girl is a bit thick). Yes, Tyra's exploiting them, but it can be an exploitative thing to do (as a career), and the girls could go for the more time-consuming route to fame, but they chose this. With the exception of Adrianne, the rest of them should have known better (Adrianne being the guinea pig, who couldn't know it would not turn out as advertised. Possibly Yoanna too, as they maybe hadn't finished screening ANTM 1 when ANTM 2 was casting).

Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    They weren't complaining. As I remember it, which is vaguely, they said "The show was a great opportunity and helped me a lot. Its unfortunate, however.." or something along those lines. Ann flat out said that the competition was embarassing and would hurt her as a model.
    Ann flat out said that she is very privileged to be featured on the show, meeting experts people and photographers. Basically the contestants were given all these opportunities that the other models are working really hard for, on a silver plate (I'm sure that Salome can quote me on this one). This can be also seen on What Divas Are Doing Now.

She was only worried that people would see her for something she wasn't ( how she was edited on the show that is) and not give her a job. To make it easier, Ann's Elite agent told her not to worry because she's got the package and decided to exclude the photos from the show. Ann never said anything bad about the show, that I can assure!

Am I the only one who thinks that the "talent" this season is waaaay better than last season.

I still don't think it's as good as the first two but at least a few of these girls have potential.

Also, the modelling world is extremely hard to get into and remain successful. I don't think ANTM hurt any of the girls because it's unlikely that any of them would have made it without the show. At least they get a decent portfolio for free.

I think theres more drama, bitching and catfights this season then actual "talent". But I bet this season will get the highest ratings because the average person would rather see more drama. Tyra said in an interview that there will be a couple minor catfights ala Ann and Jennipher from season 3. Can't hardly wait to see who it will be.

Brandy and Tatiana already, maybe she's counting Keenyah/Tatianna too. There'll definitely be more drama to come though