Page 13 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyra

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    I'm really sorry, but I've said this ever since I first saw her in higher learning; Tyra Banks is just ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeljoe
    Halle won an OSCAR not a grammy. hehehe
    But Wasn't X2 made after her oscar win? I don't know the exact timeline, but I know that at least X2 came out AFTER the Oscars...
    Either way, if she can do Cat Woman after she wins the Oscar, she can DEFINATELY do Storm. At least she knows X3 won't be a flop...
    But to make this post relevant to ANYTHING, I don't think Tyra could pull it off. She's too tall.
    wow i'm so stupid.... OSCAR not grammy. -_-

she did catwoman becuase she got the lead role didn't she? in x-men she has like.. 2 lines and super cool white contacts. =] i think tyra would rock. she would loook fiieerrcee with white eyes. but probably not.

In my books Tyra has lost so much respect from me with this season,

She seems to me in this season to not even care who wins this season of Top Model, as long as the 14 wannabes say nice things about Tyra along the way

Shes constantly acting bitchy and passing it off as being a 'businesswoman' Her "make over ordeal where 2 of them pissed her off" "promoting her parents as if they are the best parents in the world" "and freaking out on the models" is just over the top

I really hope she carries this attitude with her into cycle 5 so the whole world sees that the beautiful tyra is just another BIATCH ... lol

giz
    I'm not sure why everyone is so down on Tyra. She's the boss, she can't be as funny as Janice, or as cuddly as Nigel. It's her program and she's got to make it sell as she sees fit. I might like to see less (a lot less) drama and more about fashion, but I imagine she (and the other producers) think this is what will get ratings. Why do we assume she is phony? Maybe she is, or maybe she really does feel like she fulfills a mentoring role. Okay, maybe everyone has a point about her family, but that may be an attempt to humanise her. And ugly? Please, the woman is gorgeous.

FORT Regular
    i think the mentor figure image backfired on tyra. she is straight up rude this season, and doesn't take her hand out of the scheming production scripts long enough for it not to be caught on tape. maybe she is just stressed out, but she is still acting like a total wank.

giz
    She certainly seemed more natural in the first two seasons. When I think of her in Milan, she did seem more genuinely interested. Mind you, I think that season had a lot more potential winners. This seasons crop is pretty weak in my opinion.

Nicole, Melrose, & Claire Erin_go_bragh's Avatar
    I want to know why Tyra says she is so interested in changing the modeling industry with shorter models (Eva) or with plus-sized models (Robyn, Anna, and Tocarra), and then persists in being and keeping others around her that are as critical, if not more so, as people in the industry. She could make a positive contribution by... Oh, I don't know, not being so nasty to the girls. Or allowing others to treat them that way. Maybe that is what the business is like, but why should the girls be exposed to that any more than necessary? Just a thought. She used to be on set for every shoot in Season 1. And in Season 2, she wasn't there as much, but at least she seemed like she cared. Now, she is only there for the judgings. Blah! And what's with her showing her own photo at the beginning of judging? Most of the time, the photos don't relate to the photoshoot and just make it seem like Tyra is trying to make this whole show more Tyra-central...

Wasn't surprised to have daddy pushed in front of the cameras with mom this time ... sigh.

Tired of your weakly (pun intended) mentorship, and your mentors. Either get out there and show them weekly how a 'top model' does it, or just BE QUIET.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey
    Tyra follows the talent. Season one, tons of potential. She stuck around. Season two, she got more involved as the talent thinned out. Season three, she made specific efforts to make Ann (the one with the most potential) work it. Season four, they're all pretty sub-par so I don't think she cares.

ANTM is such a joke. Its even worse than those scam modeling schools Tyra talks about. She picks fat girls and short girls to be in the competition for Drama when she knows thats not what the industry is about. Then she wastes their time and exploits them on TV. Appearing on Top Model actually hurts a girls reputation, as attested to by Adrianne, Ann, and Yoanna. At least at modeling schools the girls learn how to walk.

Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    Tyra follows the talent. Season one, tons of potential. She stuck around. Season two, she got more involved as the talent thinned out. Season three, she made specific efforts to make Ann (the one with the most potential) work it. Season four, they're all pretty sub-par so I don't think she cares.

ANTM is such a joke. Its even worse than those scam modeling schools Tyra talks about. She picks fat girls and short girls to be in the competition for Drama when she knows thats not what the industry is about. Then she wastes their time and exploits them on TV. Appearing on Top Model actually hurts a girls reputation, as attested to by Adrianne, Ann, and Yoanna. At least at modeling schools the girls learn how to walk.
    But we love the show!! And I mean, she's making money-she's getting paid; she marketing with every decision she makes and so ultimately it's proving favorable to her because the show is a success. Honestly, I think anyone in her shoes wouldn't give a damn about the girls and would want to get paid. She's not getting any younger and her modeling days will be gone soon.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks