Thread: Tyra

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Asylum-ECT-girl View Post
    But please don't do any more old lady in the shoe and Bald photos--Pleaze...especially as you age Tyra, people will subconsciously start to view you as the "old lady" in the shoe. Stop ageism in its track by staying young at heart and model fabulous. That means no more atrocious pictures for you--leave the photos for the young contestants, they don't work for you anymore!
    On the other hand, one could say that embracing age is another way of stopping ageism in it's tracks. We look at being "young at heart" as being a compliment, but there is more wisdom in an older, more experienced heart. So far, the modelling industry continues to promote the "youthful is better" idea. But if any model shows respect for age, that would be a good thing.

Tyra looked strange in the ice shoot, but it wasn't her fault. Her expression was fine (albeit "safe") but the lighting was way off.

Quote Originally Posted by thestranger View Post
    Tyra's judging photos used to be so pretty and inspiring... what happened?
    I know! She looks amazing in that pic! And now some of her judging pics are just terrible (like the ice princess one).
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

"What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

FORT Newbie
    does anyone happen to have Tyra's Seven Sins photo shot, from the seven sins photoshoot.

i don't see why everyone is saying tyra's judging photos suck now. i think it was only her cover that sucked. in the 5th season she only had abot 2-3 good photos.

on the Tyra Show, she invited Janice and apparently every season she was outvoted!!

so each winner was not Janice's favorite girl

did anyone watch the show?

We knew that though. The only thing is I don't think it's about Janice not liking the other girl. If I remember correctly, nearly each season Janice also likes the other girl, but after viewing the runway show, she comes in supporting the #2 contestant. I know that's what happened with Naima. During the beginning of the finale, she raved over Naima's CoverGirl ad, etc.
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

giz
    Rats, I forgot to watch Tyra yesterday and it was supposed to be about ANTM. Did anyone else catch it?

Tyra MySpace!

http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/this_week.html

Tuesday, April 4th
    "The MySpace Phenomenon"

Your backstage pass to the most popular networking destination on the web! Join Tyra as she throws a MySpace.com party on the roof of her studio. Online chatters meet face to face for the first time and one guest even proposes marriage! Two of MySpace.com’s most popular members, former “Baywatch” star Jeremy Jackson and internet vixen Christine Dolce, tell Tyra how they use the site to make money, make friends and even make out! Plus, “Beauty and the Geek” star Richard Rubin teaches Tyra techno-tips and helps her create her own profile at www.myspace.com/tyrabanksshow!

http://www.myspace.com/tyrabanksshow

Re: The ANTM cycle 6 banner ad that runs at the top of the FORT ANTM pages - the one with the girls on the left and Tyra on the right, looking sharply to her left...

Sometimes, when I quickly glance at that picture of Tyra, there's an illusion that she's crossing her eyes instead of looking to her left.

I know that both eyes are really looking left, and that what looks like a crossed eye is really just a bit of shadow--I just wondered if anyone else ever noticed this weird effect.