Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebecca

Wow, it took me a long time to realize, but this girl is really skinny!

http://www.citytv.com/topmodel/image...a_1024x768.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyRedhead77
    Well Jay Manuel loves her according to tonight's preview.
    What preview is that? Did he say anything else about her?

You're right babywipes, she is ultra skinny. Yet her face looks healthy and vibrant rather than gaunt. I really like that!

Quote Originally Posted by bonsaibutterfly
    What preview is that? Did he say anything else about her?

You're right babywipes, she is ultra skinny. Yet her face looks healthy and vibrant rather than gaunt. I really like that!
    Yeah it appears that she is naturally thin, unlike other girls who starve them selves to be model skinny. Her face is actually quite nice, and she sure has the figure. Depending on her ability to photograph, she may go far.

She and Shandi are so similar in these promo pics.
    {attached, sorry about the quality}

After seeing the teaser, I am more certain about Rebecca. Top four.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by baby_wipes
    Wow, it took me a long time to realize, but this girl is really skinny!

http://www.citytv.com/topmodel/image...a_1024x768.jpg

Quick, someone feed her a Bacon Sandwich with Double Milkshakes on the side

Seriously, I am always at Runway Shows in L.A. and San Francisco and they don't have the "extreme" like NY has...where you think the Models are going to break a hip or their knees are going to break when they catwalk.

If you ever get the chance to go to a real fashion show (not the ones at your local mall), please go...the models are SUPER skinny, they look weird, honestly. Their legs and arms are so thin, I hardly doubt they have much skeletal muscle as you can see the formation of their bones.

Sorry, but it's time to overturn the whole Twiggy notion and get back to the healthy look of Marilyn Monroe and gang.
    Last edited by Ownlyanangel20; 02-17-2005 at 08:57 AM. Reason: forgot to add

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    She and Shandi are so similar in these promo pics.
    {attached, sorry about the quality}

After seeing the teaser, I am more certain about Rebecca. Top four.
    You're right, there is something about that picture that says Shandi. (Shandi's still miles ahead of her though)I still think Rebecca looks a bit too teenyboppy, but she definitely has the right body for modeling.

I have a feeling that Rebecca will be one of the big surprises of the show. She is very forgettable and commercial in her promo pics (at least to me, but hey, my favourite season 4 contestant is Lluvy ), but apparently Jay loves her, which should indicate she'll be around for a while.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Faile
    I totally get a mira sorvino vibe from her.
    But Mira Sorvino is very smart, which is a big part of what makes her interesting, while this girl seems, from her choices, to be.....let's be kind and say "not smart."

I'd say great body for modeling but blah face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20
    Quick, someone feed her a Bacon Sandwich with Double Milkshakes on the side

Seriously, I am always at Runway Shows in L.A. and San Francisco and they don't have the "extreme" like NY has...where you think the Models are going to break a hip or their knees are going to break when they catwalk.

If you ever get the chance to go to a real fashion show (not the ones at your local mall), please go...the models are SUPER skinny, they look weird, honestly. Their legs and arms are so thin, I hardly doubt they have much skeletal muscle as you can see the formation of their bones.

Sorry, but it's time to overturn the whole Twiggy notion and get back to the healthy look of Marilyn Monroe and gang.
    I wholeheartedly agree, but there are girls (like Rebecca I believe) who are naturally tall, tiny and eat like the rest of us. My sister-in-law is 5'11" and a size 6 naturally and eats like a horse! If she exercised and laid off the sweets, she would probably be a size 4.

I don't know why I'm arguing really, because I totally agree most fashion models are probably thinner than they should be and make the rest of us feel fat for being healthy. However, I do think there is a place for that super-skinny Rebecca/Shandi look IF it is a natural build.

Quote Originally Posted by bonsaibutterfly
    II don't know why I'm arguing really, because I totally agree most fashion models are probably thinner than they should be and make the rest of us feel fat for being healthy. However, I do think there is a place for that super-skinny Rebecca/Shandi look IF it is a natural build.
    I think Rebecca is naturally thin as well. You can tell by her face; its very roundy and healthy looking, not thin and gaunt as a person's with an eating disorder would look.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    I don't care if Rebecca is naturally thin or not because to me she is the most beautiful this season.

She looks healthy and loveable. Rebecca, Naima and Kahlen are my top three for now.