Page 11 of 640 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Naima

FORT Regular
    She's beautiful! She looks like she may have some Vietnamese in her too. I think Janice will love her. Pre-plastic, Janice had an exotic, almost asian look to her. With her lips, Naima sort of reminds me of an early Janice...definitely a great thing!

Couture Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by redcanna
    She's beautiful! She looks like she may have some Vietnamese in her too. I think Janice will love her. Pre-plastic, Janice had an exotic, almost asian look to her. With her lips, Naima sort of reminds me of an early Janice...definitely a great thing!

Good call. anyone else own Everything About Me Is Fake? open up the cover and inside the dust jacket there's a picture of Janis (that she mentioned in C3) where 1/2 of her face is drag-queen vogue and the other is completely bare... In that picture Naima bears an uncanny resemblance.

Wow, I hadn't thought of that. You're right! I wonder if Janice will love her or hate her - whether jealousy will be a factor.

But I prefer Naima's look to early Janice. Naima just looks a little more subtle, IMO.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Newbie
    In regards to Naima's ethnicity. I would say she's half black and half mexican. Call it a hunch. She would look really good with bleached hair.

FORT Newbie

Naima's ethnicity

for all of you people who think Naima is asian, check out the latest interview with Tyra Banks on tv guide's website. here is the link: http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/. in the article she states that there are no asian models in cycle 4.

the latest interview:

Top Model 4 Sneak Peek
    by Daniel R. Coleridge

Tyra Banks

The fourth season of America's Next Top Model begins March 2 on UPN, but we've got nagging questions that won't wait till then. So here, TV Guide Online hooks up with host Tyra Banks and her fellow executive producer Ken Mok for a sassy stroll down the catwalk into Model's past and future.

Change of Venue
    This time around, ANTM is set in sunny L.A. "Our show needs to be on the pulse of fashion," Banks says. "Los Angeles is now a major fashion port in the industry. They're going into their third season of having a true Fashion Week like New York, Milan, Tokyo and London." The girls are housed in a snazzy apartment, right above a fashion design company, in an "iffy" part of downtown. "We show them a different view of L.A. than palm trees, beaches and Beverly Hills," Mok says. "It's a more gritty side."

Deliver Us From Eva
    Will the third season's victor, Eva Pigford, make a cameo appearance as past winners have? "I don't think you should make that assumption," Mok responds curtly. Hmm...

Janice the Menace
    Last year, ANTM judge Janice Dickinson publicly complained that Eva won instead of Amanda Swafford. Will they be putting a muzzle on her this time? "Janice is Janice," Banks chuckles. Adds Mok: "We love Janice. Janice will speak her mind no matter what she doesn't mince words or say politically correct things. She's entitled to her opinion. That's what makes the show interesting." Now that sounds pretty PC to us.

Size Matters
    Don't look for a zaftig beauty like Toccara Jones in this year's bunch, which includes no plus-size wannabe models. Mok's explanation? "We wanted to have two because we didn't want [someone] to feel like the token plus-size model, so we invited more [plus-size women] out for the initial casting. However, the way it turned out, none of the plus-size contestants were very strong. We could've ended up with one plus-size girl, but we thought it was going to be unfair again." Adds Banks: "I think that's important for that girl to feel some healthy competition, as opposed to measuring herself up against girls that she'd never be up against for a job in the real world of modeling." Again, hmm...

Rainbow Connection
    There are no ladies of Asian descent competing, either. "We have white, African-American [and] Latino, but we do not have Asian in this cast, although we looked very hard to get some Asian candidates," says Mok, who's careful to point out that he himself is Asian-American. "We'll do our best to get [Asian candidates] in the next cycle. We like to make sure our cast has a healthy and honest reflection of what the U.S. populace is."

Surreal Deal
    Tyra can't be too pleased about the first Top Model, Adrienne Curry, dating Christopher Knight (the artist formerly known as Peter Brady) on VH1's has-been sideshow, The Surreal Life. "Honestly, I was not very happy that she was going to be on that show," Banks admits. "But when I saw the company she had on the show, like Marcus Schenkenberg who is still a supermodel and the cast this year, I don't feel like it was so has-been-y as it has been in the past. On Surreal Life, they're not saying she's a has-been, they're saying she's a working model, which is very nice. It made me feel a lot more relaxed."

Sorry, SI
    What did Banks think of NBC's Wednesday-night reality rip-off, Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Model Search? "I haven't seen it," she responds. "I don't know, but it's flattering that they would do something like that. I haven't checked it out." Ouch! Miss Tyra just burned a Peacock's tail feather.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    I was seconds away that TVGuide link. It sure dumps alot of cold water on all the speculation surrounding her.
    Anyway, Naima's still my pre-show favourite, so consider her jinxed.

My first impression was that she's a light-skinned black woman, but it's hard to tell what else may be in there. Whatever it is, she's stunning, IMO.
    Token Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lila
    Change of Venue
    This time around, ANTM is set in sunny L.A. "Our show needs to be on the pulse of fashion," Banks says. "Los Angeles is now a major fashion port in the industry.

Don't look for a zaftig beauty like Toccara Jones in this year's bunch, which includes no plus-size wannabe models. Mok's explanation? "We wanted to have two because we didn't want [someone] to feel like the token plus-size model, so we invited more [plus-size women] out for the initial casting. However, the way it turned out, none of the plus-size contestants were very strong.
    They had two strong plus-sized models last time around, both of whom were obviously more talented than several of the girls they did pick. Whatever.
    Token Christian.

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=jasmar]My first impression was that she's a light-skinned black woman, but it's hard to tell what else may be in there. Whatever it is, she's stunning, IMO.[/QUOTE

half black, half mexican.

Certified Snarkypants SaucyRedhead77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar

They had two strong plus-sized models last time around, both of whom were obviously more talented than several of the girls they did pick. Whatever.
    Exactly. The other plus size girl who got cut before the final fourteen was gorgeous and more in proportion than Toccara! They could have picked them both, instead of...oh I don't know...Kelle? Kristy? Jennipher? Leah? Magdalena? Take your pick!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-11-2007, 06:27 PM
  2. 03-23-2007, 08:16 AM