Page 13 of 386 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahlen

I love the post-makeover picture. Kahlen looks like a princess. The alien picture is amazing too, but I'm a bit worried about her height. (Not too worried; she's still my top two, but I wish she had two or three inches. )

Soybean... That is what I have been thinking from the first moment I saw her. She totally looks like Taryn Manning and I really like both of them. Glad someone else saw the resemblence!!! Kahlen is definitely my fave and she seems so down to earth and "normal" which is a plus...

Quote Originally Posted by dinangel
    She's taken great pictures, but HOPEFULLY she can work on her appearance at the judging. That it is what REALLY hurt some other contestants and I SOOO want her to go to number 1...her or Naima...
    Yes, Janice said she looked like someone from the Partridge family. Everyone loved her photos, but her look in front of the panel did not impress them. I hope she figures out how to look more modely and edgy. She's not a girly girl in personality and dresses pretty casually so far.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaibutterfly
    Yes, Janice said she looked like someone from the Partridge family. Everyone loved her photos, but her look in front of the panel did not impress them. I hope she figures out how to look more modely and edgy. She's not a girly girl in personality and dresses pretty casually so far.
    I hope so too, because she has really grown on me. Next judging we'll see if she got the mesage, I guess.

CCL
    I love Kahlen too. I don't think her height is too much of a problem - unlike Noelle who looks short. It probably couldn't hurt though, Salome, if she had a few more inches. But unless she's going to get that leg-lenthening surgery she's out of luck .
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The alien shot pose doesn't really do it for me, but her face looks great. In the beauty shot her eyes are compelling and she has an interesting shape to her face, but her hair looks badly windblown and her fingers look a bit too bony.

That said, in her confessionals/interviews there's something about Kahlen that I immediately like. She seems like she could be your best friend. And we all know how important it is for Tyra's top model to be approachable (hi, Yaya), so that should help her get far. Fierce walk, very confident. I hope she can pull off a softer walk if they ask for it. She needs to work on her appearance in person so that the judges don't nag her about not looking enough like a model in person. She looked a little messy at the first judging.

I agree with all the celebrity comparisons except for the Caroline Rhea one. Not seeing that, but maybe side by side pictures would make it clearer.

I think she'll do well as long as she can stand out against the exotic looks of Lluvy and Naima.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianfan
    Soybean... That is what I have been thinking from the first moment I saw her. She totally looks like Taryn Manning and I really like both of them. Glad someone else saw the resemblence!!! Kahlen is definitely my fave and she seems so down to earth and "normal" which is a plus...
    That's what I said a long time ago...but no one listened >.<

Kahlen's one of my Top 5 favourites, she's so cute and pretty and i love the shape of her face and her new makeover gives her more edge because they styled it so that it accentuated her features when she modeled for her post-makeover shot!

I love both Kahlen's before and after pictures, she's amazing!

FORT Regular
    Well I definately don't think Kahlen will have to do a "Softer walk" ...what does that mean? ...her walk is fierce and one of the best ive seen on antm...I think many people are really underestimating her because of her appearance not on photoshoots..that she looks plain...but she has the ability to transform..and with the new hair she looks great...very carmen kass....

Here's a link to this site for looking out for real up and coming models...notice the word REAL...and I think that Kahlen's alien shot...especially if u look at the close up....she really fits in:

http://www.theonestowatch.com

so check that out...and u kind of get to see what these girls are trying to get themselves into....her and Christina I think really fit...whereas girls like Noelle? Sarah? Lluvy? really don't make sense

FORT Regular
    oops...sorry guys..its

http://www.theones2watch.com

I really reccomend checking it out.