Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Brittany

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    Those of us who grew up with part-time alcoholic parents would beg to differ. The warning signs I see in Brittany have a lot to do with the fact that she doesn't seem to 1) know her limit, or 2) care, even in professional circumstances.
    Well, I haven't seen her drunk enough where she either 1) pukes all over herself, or 2) hasn't been able to walk. I haven't seen her start some big drunken fight or pass out and no one is able to wake her. And my biological dad is an alcoholic and he's worse off than that so I know the warning signs. I also know the what it looks like when someone youthful has fun after having a few drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    Those of us who grew up with part-time alcoholic parents would beg to differ. The warning signs I see in Brittany have a lot to do with the fact that she doesn't seem to 1) know her limit, or 2) care, even in professional circumstances.
    I don't drink at all, not one drop of booze.

But all of my friends, who are in their late twenties, do drink. They like to go out on the weekends, dance, go to a bar, etc. Britanny's behavior seems very common in our modern culture.

Think about how Spring Break is portrayed. Think of all the beer commercials with pretty young people boozing it up. The TV shows, etc.

Britanny's behavior seems sooooo normal to me, spurred by a culture that thinks booze and fun must go hand in hand. And I bet all the companies selling alcohol want you to keep thinking that way.

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Well, I haven't seen her drunk enough where she either 1) pukes all over herself, or 2) hasn't been able to walk. I haven't seen her start some big drunken fight or pass out and no one is able to wake her. And my biological dad is an alcoholic and he's worse off than that so I know the warning signs. I also know the what it looks like when someone youthful has fun after having a few drinks.
    Well, I guess we'll have to agree to differ on this one. I don't think you have to be puking, unable to walk, passing out or fighting to have an addiction to alcohol. You just need an inability to say no to it. A weekend or a party wouldn't be okay without it. That's when you have a problem IMO. Who knows about Brittany though, it's tv, we don't really know her. The way they show her though ...

Nicole, Melrose, & Claire Erin_go_bragh's Avatar
    Whether or not Brittant is on the road to drunkdom is up for discussion, obviously. I do know that I've read how reality shows, like The Real World, supply alcohol in great supply in hopes of more drama. Maybe ANTM doesn't quite fit the bill (or maybe it does), but at two of the challenges that Brittany and Keenyah won, (Gas Shoot episode, and Animal Shoot episode), champagne was supplied. Not to mention the CG party. I doubt this was done out of innocence. I think Tyra & Co. know Brittany has a problem, but they certainly don't help the situation... I know people are going to harp on personal responsibility, but when somebody has a potential addiction problem, that's just it. They don't have the will to say no. It doesn't help to be put in an enviornment where the norm is alchohol indulgence.

In Regards to Brittanys Drunkeness

A lot of it is actually in the editing done by UPN, I mean Tiffany actually drank so much that she puked but they never labelled her as the drunk chick (simply because Tiffany already had a personality, the ghetto girl)

So sure it may seem that Brittany is on her road to rehab, but like a great shakespearian play all is not what it seems, you all should know that its not like reality tv actually shows you what is really going on.

Brittanys behavior was probably edited like a mofo to make her look like a wild child. And as to why Brittany was in the bottom 2 last week ... i have no freakin clue

Considering Christina was eliminated Brittany had much better pics then Keenyah and Naima (some would beg to differ) but anyways she didnt deserve to be in the bottom 2 at all

Quote Originally Posted by bobpickle
    A lot of it is actually in the editing done by UPN, I mean Tiffany actually drank so much that she puked but they never labelled her as the drunk chick (simply because Tiffany already had a personality, the ghetto girl)

So sure it may seem that Brittany is on her road to rehab, but like a great shakespearian play all is not what it seems, you all should know that its not like reality tv actually shows you what is really going on.

Brittanys behavior was probably edited like a mofo to make her look like a wild child. And as to why Brittany was in the bottom 2 last week ... i have no freakin clue

Considering Christina was eliminated Brittany had much better pics then Keenyah and Naima (some would beg to differ) but anyways she didnt deserve to be in the bottom 2 at all
    I dont think the edit her as a "drunk" she just likes to party. Sure she was drubk like once but i doubt the network actualy wants the viewers to think shes a drunk.
    " This is not a bible study program, this is a modeling competition" Ebony ANTM Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca#1fan
    I dont think the edit her as a "drunk" she just likes to party. Sure she was drubk like once but i doubt the network actualy wants the viewers to think shes a drunk.
    I mean i gree with you there Rebecca#1Fan, but a lot of people on the forum I guess were worried about Brittanys drinking habits.

This is my punk face ;) NiteElfGen's Avatar
    Brittney is too much haha

oooh brittany...lmao
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Nicole, Melrose, & Claire Erin_go_bragh's Avatar
    Great photo! I think she impressed that designer with her outgoing personality.