Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Eva & Covergirl Photos

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Covergirl really should use all three of those shots in ads. They will cover several different markets. They are all fabulous!
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    Omg, the picture with Tyra is SO ugly. But her other one is lovely! I have no problem with Eva, it's sorta weird how her picture is so....weird.
    beauty is only skin deep.

i was so0o0o happy to see Amanda go0o0o0o0o! YAY! i was happy to see two black girls to the finals...... they were so happy too! but i gotta hand it to Amanda her picture is Very Pretty! but i knew Eva The Diva was going to Win! hehehehehehe...... YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY EEEEEEEEVVVVVAAAAAA!!!! I love yo0h so much girl ! and Congrats tu Yo0h Yaya That you were the runner up! hehe

Ps: i think Eva had the Best pic!

Okay - slowly I am getting over the fact Amanda lost - her shot was perfect I think 36 out of 44 were usable frames! Honestly with the replacement of Nicole for Ann - this was the final four I figured on so I'm not too horribly crushed - plus with spoilers everyone was certain it would be Eva. I did so want Amanda to be # 2 at least.

But for the business at hand - I thought Eva's hand was a bit annoying - kept waiting for someone to notice the claw she had going on. But her face and smile are dazzling - and perfect honey skin.

As last year the final portfolio shots are amazing even in comparison to competition shots (remember Yoanna's last year? - WOW!) I think it is because once they have declared the winner the styling and focus is on what would make the model look her best. Quirkky ad campaigns aside, this is what I think keeps a top model on top. Once they have achieved a certain level, I velieve that their celebrity status affords them a bit more when it comes to styling and touch up, as well has having the cache to be able to say no to a shot that is not flattering. This kind of focus makes all the difference - a shoot that is tailored for a group of girls or as a competitive shoot is far more likely to show flaws and idiosyncracies. With this sort of treatment even Ann's shots would be dynamic I believe.

All in all I guess this season was good - I felt more personally connected to the girls this season and that makes for good t.v. However, I echo the setiment that others have expressed that hopefully we will not return to the world of clowns again for quite some time.

I also thik that Tyra needs to work the finale into a two hour double feature with the first hour being the elimination of second runner up and the fashion show. Then the second half should be live (or even pre-recorded in a live venue) a la survivor with a chance to see each of the eliminated girls one last time on the red carpet - maybe a little q & a, and then the final crowning. That way even the final two would not know the winner. (On a tangent I wonder which would be more difficult - waiting to find out if you won - or waiting the entire cycle knowing you won before being able to talk about it). It may call for a couple of logistical problems, but the winner's campaigns have still yet to be shot, and the media blitz is yet to begin. I think in the long run it would make for a much more exciting finale.

I hope that shots leak out of the other girls walking in the show (I have heard all final five walked to help make sure the winner was not uncovered). I also will be curious to see if Eva walks at any of the fashion week shows when they happen as Yoanna was fortunate enough to.

I hope the added exposure that will go with this year's much better prizes will help Eva to hit the ground running more quickly than Yoanna or Adrienne - I still haven't given up on Yoanna having a very nice career - Adrienne I fear sadly may be lost to us given that she's doing Surreal Life. Honestly even with all of TyTy's considerable pull, you can't create a superstar overnight.

I hope that the final five all work toward careers just because honestly I would like to see them again. Now what will I do until Cycle 4? I sure as heck ain't watching Missy Elliot's bus of shame.
    Last edited by HughFire; 12-16-2004 at 01:17 AM. Reason: ETA - also in the shot with Tyra - where did she get YO's cheekbones? It seriously reminds me of Yoanna's beauty shot

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Isn't the Macramé dress picture the same pose that she had in the swimsuit shot? The one that Tyra and Janice said was how you pose on the playground when you were in school? She looks fabulous, but I think that could have been better.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

R&C
    Wow !!! Eva looks sooo delicious like CHOCOLATE.......Yummy !!
    Who's gonna love you when It all falls down, and
    Who's gonna love you when Your bankroll runs out
    Who's gonna care when the novelty's over
    When the star of the Show isn't you anymore
    Nobody cares when the tears of a clown Fall down...
    Nobody cares when the tears of a clown
    Fall down

ain'tnobodyclaimyouwinner butthead's Avatar
    Awwwww! I want yaya to win!

me 2 butthead me 2 but eva is just so relatable
    "this love is unbreakable..."

In the mountains waiting for the snow to arrive
    I thought it was interesting that when you bring up Eva's Gallery of pictures at UPN the pictures are labeled wrong. The first one is labeled Amanda (pic of Eva in dress) the next Eva (pic of Tyra/Eva) and the last picture which I can not see is labeled Eva & Tyra. Does anyone see all three pictures in this gallery? Interesting labeling.

I wanted Eva to win, her eyes are so pretty, looked better overall and had better pictures.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast