Thread: Winning Patterns

Winning Patterns

Of all three cycles, there's something consistent:

1) The girl who wins the competition that features a former winner wins the entire competition.
    Corrections: The girl who is in the reward with a former winner wins the entire competition

Yoanna won the make-up competition and had dinner with Adrianne
    Corrections: Shandi won and brought Yoanna to the dinner
    Eva won the runway competition and had a yacht trip with Yoanna

2) The girl who is in the bottom two in the final 3 elimination wins ANTM

Adrianne was in the bottom 2 with Elyse
    Yoanna was in the bottom 2 with Shandi
    Eva was in the bottom 2 with Amanda

3) The winner is in the bottom 2 exactly 2 times

Other than in the final 3 elimination, Adrianne was in the bottom 2 with Kesse (final 5), Yoanna was in the bottom 2 with Sara (final 6), and Eva was in the bottom 2 with Ann (final 4).

4) The girl Janice votes for/praises doesn't win

She voted for Shannon in cycle 1, voted for Mercedes in cycle 2, and praised Yaya so much in the final judging.

5) The girl who does the best in a foreign country ends up in third place

Elyse took Paris by storm, Shandi rocked in Italy, and Amanda was called first twice in eliminations in Japan
    Last edited by popnurse; 12-16-2004 at 12:39 AM.

Good point!
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Quote Originally Posted by popnurse
    Yoanna won the make-up competition and had dinner with Adrienne
    Interesting. One error: Shandi won the Betsey Johnson challenge and brought Yoanna and Xiomara along.

Wow very interesting patterns!

I'm not sure about Shandi taking Italy by storm, nor Amanda in Japan, though Elyse was fabulous in Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Interesting. One error: Shandi won the Betsey Johnson challenge and brought Yoanna and Xiomara along.
    ....Yah...that too....Damn your good, Salome

It'll be really interesting to see if theese paterns continue in Cycle 4.

Anyone know any info on Cycle 4?
    Last edited by bhanson2004; 12-16-2004 at 12:36 AM.

Okay, I should change it to "the girl who is in the reward with a former winner wins ANTM"

I thought Yoanna won a competition. Which one was it then?

Of all three cycles, there's something consistent:

1) The girl who wins the competition that features a former winner wins the entire competition.

Yoanna won the make-up competition and had dinner with Adrienne
    Eva won the runway competition and had a yacht trip with Yoanna

2) The girl who is in the bottom two in the final 3 elimination wins ANTM

Adrienne was in the bottom 2 with Elyse
    Yoanna was in the bottom 2 with Shandi
    Eva was in the bottom 2 with Amanda

3) The girl Janice votes for/praises doesn't win

She voted for Shannon in cycle 1, voted for Mercedes in cycle 2, and praised Yaya so much in the final judging.

4) The girl who does the best in a foreign country ends up in third place

Elyse took Paris by storm, Shandi rocked in Italy, and Amanda was called first twice in eliminations in Japan

"3) The girl Janice votes for/praises doesn't win

She voted for Shannon in cycle 1, voted for Mercedes in cycle 2, and praised Yaya so much in the final judging".

Well the girls she picked I Also wanted them to win especially Mercedes! but i was so0o0o0o0o0o0o................ happy eva won!!!!

Okay, I should change it to "the girl who is in the reward with a former winner wins ANTM"

I thought Yoanna won a competition. Which one was it then?
    I think she won the smoky-eyes makeup competition and she picked april and sara and xiomara. heather thought yoanna would picked her and got upset.... remember??

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    yeah and the ones I like always come 3rd.
    Elyse, Shandi, Amanda.
    beauty is only skin deep.

I think its been odd that the "high fashion" girl always comes in third. What makes a girl high fashion and another commercial - I mean one can definitely tell with extremes (Vogue vs. Sports Illustrated) but it seems so strange that Ty and company are able to draw the line very thinly and with precision about why this girl is fashion and that one is commercial. I kinda have an inkling but would love to know what some of the more hardcore and dedicated fashion fiends would say (Chorita? Salome? 13 Times? ANTM? Jaded? Anyone?)

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by HughFire
    I think its been odd that the "high fashion" girl always comes in third. What makes a girl high fashion and another commercial - I mean one can definitely tell with extremes (Vogue vs. Sports Illustrated) but it seems so strange that Ty and company are able to draw the line very thinly and with precision about why this girl is fashion and that one is commercial. I kinda have an inkling but would love to know what some of the more hardcore and dedicated fashion fiends would say (Chorita? Salome? 13 Times? ANTM? Jaded? Anyone?)
    Well, I'll tackle this one...

Commercial is about the "cute" side of beauty. Approachable/accessible would be good bywords. If you showed Eva's Cover Girl pic to someone (not on this forum, obviously ) they would most likely agree she was cute. If you showed them her spider pic or her beauty shot they would most likely agree that she is good-looking.

High fashion models are beautiful but not in a cute way, and not even always in a pretty way. Striking would be a good byword. Take, for example, Amanda's YJ Stinger shot. Her face is not really that "pretty", certainly not "cute." But it is a mesmerizing, beautiful shot.

My 2 cents.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.