Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Girl Who Wins It All" Episode 12 Preview (Finale) 12/15/04

Quote Originally Posted by Madison1995
    You think this is bad.. you should check out the Desperate Housewives thread!
    I dare not cross the safe borders of the ANTM board.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar
    If Ann doesnt make the final 2.. I'd be too sicken to watch on. Last cycle, the final 4 were all equally strong and absolutely stunning. There was no telling who was going home. Mercedes is doing well, she did an interview this week with a newspaper in Singapore and things sound good. Shandi has quite alot of work too.. Yoanna gets work, Im not updated on these 2 just that they aren't top modelish like Tyra. This cycle though.. there's some real issues with each girl.

Yaya, beauty shots are a 'personal attack' to her right?
    Amanda cannot see the runway
    Eva has it much better from Janice for the short card.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Astridr
    If Ann doesnt make the final 2.. I'd be too sicken to watch on.
    I think your letting your love of Ann (as a fan) cloud the fact that performance wise, she's the worst out of the girls. By my guess, she done well in 43 percent of all tasks and photoshoots.

FORT Newbie
    I agree, Ann IMO is easily the worst model left of all the girls. I don't believe she should have outlasted Nicole, Toccara, or Norelle, so she's been living on borrowed time for weeks as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by quangtran
    I think your letting your love of Ann (as a fan) cloud the fact that performance wise, she's the worst out of the girls. By my guess, she done well in 43 percent of all tasks and photoshoots.
    It would be more like 22%.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown730
    Yeah....*Solemn nod.* Like...21.3%

Quote Originally Posted by quangtran
    I do admit that I enjoy watching Ann's pranks, confessionals, personality and have respect for her loyalty to friends.
    All that aside, I started watching this show because of the general interest in models and fashion. As previously mentioned, cycle 2 was a joy to watch because the Final 4 really had model potential. Ann was my pre-show pick mainly because she has the most raw potential, in terms of her face, height and body, to be a successful model.
    Last cycle, when it was down to the final 4, every single one of them impressed me greatly, I actually felt sorry for the judges. Amanda takes good pictures but she would pale in comparison. Yaya's complexion alone is a huge disadvantage.
    I greatly look forward to the last episode where the girls have to do an intense runway show. Amanda & yaya just do not appeal to me as models at all, and while Eva is beautiful, it is a fact that height makes the clothes look better and this would be Eva's disadvantage.
    I can see Ann rocking a runway show, (alongside last cycle's final 4 because I enjoyed last season, and hope to enjoy this one too) but the other 3 I find questionable.
    She has problems with her photoshoot, but she has such an amazing presence, the judges of the go-see episode and in the "posing in the window" loved her, Janice picked Ann & Cassie to pose in bikini, the 'reporter' challenge said she moved and posed very well. Nigel & Nole both liked Ann's close up this week.
    I think she just has a general problem relaxing for an actual photoshoot (and boy have they been weird) and if she has been said to pose well, have a great face and body, all the necessary materials are there.

You're right in that in terms of photoshoot, she has not performed as well as the other 3. Yet I think she has more potential than them, and if it boils down to a runway, Ann has the biggest advantage of the remaining girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovely_Tina
    Yeah....*Solemn nod.* Like...21.3%
    LOL How quickly they jump to discredit Ann. Its annoying (as an Ann fan) and amusing (as a Fort fan) at the same time you guys!!

If Ann wins, I will never watch the show again.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown730
    Well, Ann has came in 2nd on various tasks multiple times. She's also been called 1st one time and 2nd one time when Tyra hands out the pictures. Was Norelle ever called first? Did Norelle ever beat Ann in a challenge? Sure Norelle took fairly consistent pictures throughout the competition but when Ann has a good shot, it's always better than Norelle's while Norelle did as good as she did the week before (although I have liked a lot of Norelle's photos). When Ann has had good pictures, she has never had to worry about being eliminated.

She seems to be inconsistent with her photos and the judges keep giving her chances but the judges keep giving Yaya chances with her attitude, too. And they kept giving Nicole chances to show her personality and Norelle had been reminded a lot of times at panel that she doesn't look like a model in person and only when she has a lot of makeup on. The judges give all the girls chances to improve and maybe they have seen more growth in Ann than the eliminated girls thus far and that's why they have chosen to keep her around so long.