Thread: ANTM Publicity

ANTM Publicity

Has anyone else noticed that ANTM seems a lot bigger this season? It seems to have broadened its audience. I know more people I am friendly with are watching it because it is being broadcast on scheduele here on a local channel in Canada.

I was flipping through People magazine this week and noticed a picture of Taye Diggs. The photographer was our very own Nigel and Nole Marin was one of the stylists It's the first I've seen of them. I wonder if they work together a lot, or if the Taye Diggs shoot for People was during ANTM?

The companies seem bigger this year, too. And Toccara even got a paragraph a few weeks ago in People.

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    tocarra's elimination got a notice in Entertainment Weekly Magazine (angelina jolie, colin farrell and val kilmer on the cover)

FORT Newbie
    I noticed this too. Before I only knew a couple poeple who watched and now most if not all of my class watchs it!

tes
    This season seems so huge!Everyone at our school watch it! It's funny cause when Nicole got elimated everyone was pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by NishFets
    Has anyone else noticed that ANTM seems a lot bigger this season? It seems to have broadened its audience. I know more people I am friendly with are watching it because it is being broadcast on scheduele here on a local channel in Canada.

I was flipping through People magazine this week and noticed a picture of Taye Diggs. The photographer was our very own Nigel and Nole Marin was one of the stylists It's the first I've seen of them. I wonder if they work together a lot, or if the Taye Diggs shoot for People was during ANTM?

The companies seem bigger this year, too. And Toccara even got a paragraph a few weeks ago in People.
    Well, one big clue to how much bigger its grown, embedding itself in popular culture, is the obvious budget they have now, in contrast with Cycles 1 and 2. If you go back and look at an episode or two from the first series, the sets are very basic, the Paris apartment is one room in a second or third class hotel, the photo shoots are on a roof, against a picturesque window, the challenge prizes were go to this party or that, a night in a nice hotel. By Series 2, the judging rooms are getting more upscale, as are the accomodations, the photoshoots are getting more elaborate, requiring more makeup, hair and wardrobe. This series, the girls are staying in the Waldolf Astoria, the flew all the girls to Jamaica for a single photo shoot [although that may have been as much a matter of working with people's schedules, giving some of the crew a few free days in Jamaica, and giving Ann a chance to have a meltdown with her flying phobia], and the prizes are things like $5,000 worth of lingerie and two luxury seats on a flight to Japan (I was curious, and checked the AA website, and the cheapest first class seats I could find for a flight of the duration mentioned were $4,500 apiece; most were $7,500 apiece)

CCL
    They have an article in the current Elle (Natalie Portman cover) about ANTM. Haven't read it so can't speak as to content but there are no pictures of the model-contestants.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    They have an article in the current Elle (Natalie Portman cover) about ANTM. Haven't read it so can't speak as to content but there are no pictures of the model-contestants.
    ah you would think they would show photos like that one magazine did last season before the show aired.
    i thought that photoshoot would come later. But the garden of Eden came first.
    and then that one accident where you could see a part of the male model's area. big gossip.

I am surprised they have not yet done that with this season. there were a few articles but nothing too exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Yup, I saw that article. I was going to post it, but there's nothing really interesting: http://www.elle.com/article.asp?arti...=1&magind=3811

Quote Originally Posted by NishFets

Well Nole is pretty famous. And i have seen Nigel in instinct magazine. The only issue i have seen is the one with Mr. Jay and Tyra. there was quite a few photos done by Nigel.
    But im sure they have worked together many times.