Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TV Guide's Interview with Toccara

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda
    I love it. She is cocky and she is confident and she is not about to hide her feelings about getting cut. Its very much her and what she is all about confidence in yourself. I would have been disappointed if she had shrunk into something fake. I hope she does really well it was refreshing to have a normal size confident and mature young woman on the show

At the same time, she should worry about stepping on toes. Those that offend tend to not get jobs, especially in an industry full of beautiful people hoping for a break and willing to kiss @ss.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    P.S. I thought news articles about contestants go in their contestant's thread? Could someone show me the rules where it talks about this so I can understand better? Like, I don't want to post a news article in a contestant's thread if you're supposed to make a whole new post for it.
    You shouldn't be . Manny is a moderator . That's what we do . It was up to the mod team to post related official news articles , Somehow in this forum that got sidelined. That's what happens in all of the other forums. Any thing else to do with the contestant should be posted in the contestant thread. This is to avoid a million this is what I think vanity threads about contestant X that were popping up in here. As well if you have a problem , don't slam someone in the thread . Report it to the mod team. Leave the thread for contestant comments. /threadjack

Back to comments on Toccara's interview
    Last edited by eny; 11-15-2004 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    That's one thing about print interviews...you have NO idea what the tone was when she made those statements. She made a lot of comments on the show that could have beent taken as cocky if we didn't "see" or "hear" her when she said it.
    I agree with you. She was probably laughing and joking when she said those. I still love you Toccara.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTimeBear
    She should teach a self esteem class. I would love to have that kind of confidence!!
    Seriously, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    I agree, I think Toccara is far from cocky and I doubt she intended those comments to be taken that way. Either way, she does have a point, it was ridiculous of the judges to suggest Ann wanted it more and I think they used that as an excuse to get rid of Toccara.
    I could totally see Toccara laughing and joking when she said such things, and it doesn't come across in print, obviously. It could be off-putting to people who don't have any idea at all what she's like, so it probably would have been a little better to tone it down a tad.

BTW, as an aside, did anyone else catch that when Toccara was eliminated, Janice called out "good luck, Toccara!" which was pretty nice of her, surprising even, given her attitude towards plus size models. So maybe Toccara has been making some inroads on people like that. I was shocked to hear it, and very happy.

I'm pleased because in this article it sound likes the feisty, confident Toccara we know and love is back. Because you've got to admit, in the last two episodes she was giving us major pod person action.

She's right, people love her, and she represents a part of the population that is largely ignored, with class and style. I wish her luck in the future.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan
    BTW, as an aside, did anyone else catch that when Toccara was eliminated, Janice called out "good luck, Toccara!" which was pretty nice of her, surprising even, given her attitude towards plus size models. So maybe Toccara has been making some inroads on people like that. I was shocked to hear it, and very happy.
    Did she? Aww Im liking Janice in this season especially.
    Yeah I guess Toccara was talking in her usual chirpy Toccara self, which would probably not offend anyone. But im not crazy about her commenting on Ann like that though.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Astridr
    Did she? Aww Im liking Janice in this season especially.
    Yeah I guess Toccara was talking in her usual chirpy Toccara self, which would probably not offend anyone. But im not crazy about her commenting on Ann like that though.
    Janice doesn't have any ill will toward these model wannabes, she's just extremely realistic and shoots from the hip. To her, Toccara wanting to be a supermodel is like Amanda wanting to be a pilot--it ain't gonna happen. Doesn't mean she can't wish them the best.

aww, never say never.. I think she will have much more success after this and she made amazing headway for the plus sized models to come!
    but imo janice is one of the most rude, fake (let us not forget Tyra calling her out on her flip flopping her opinions on Toccarra as a great model ) women on tv..

Quote Originally Posted by Madison1995
    aww, never say never.. I think she will have much more success after this and she made amazing headway for the plus sized models to come!
    but imo janice is one of the most rude, fake (let us not forget Tyra calling her out on her flip flopping her opinions on Toccarra as a great model ) women on tv..
    Amen!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast