Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 11/24 "The Girl Who Goes Ballistic"

Boy, I can see Yaya throwing a tantrum because people don't want to clean the kitchen for Her Ladyship's reward.
    And I can see Amanda losing it too - one bad phone call from home about her son and a combo of homesickness/mama guilt and lack of sleep - KA-BOOM

FORT Regular
    These girls live in the Waldorf Astoria and they can't clean up after themself. And, these are girls. Girls usually don't like living in garbage. I don't know, but if I were living in termporary quarters with others, I would make sure I cleaned up after myself. Not good to leave a mess.

Certified Snarkypants SaucyRedhead77's Avatar
    I thought it was funny how, in the Insider Video's, Yaya came off as she always has. Sweet, Intelligent and really just decent. It's so obvious how big of a part editing plays in this show. I thought the kitchen thing was unfair. All seven girls contributed to the mess, yet she was the only one (and Amanda who kindly dropped in to help) who bothered to clean up after EVERYONE. I honestly think that, although they've had their moments, Yaya and Amanda and Nicole are a lot more decent than Ann, Eva, and even occasionally Norelle. I mean, SHE was the only one who said someone's name in the "Who in the house is most irritating?" thing, and honey, I'm sorry, ignorance is no excuse for bad behaviour.
    If I were Yaya or Amanda or even Nicole I'd probably explode living with the rest of those girls too.

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyRedhead77
    I thought it was funny how, in the Insider Video's, Yaya came off as she always has. Sweet, Intelligent and really just decent. It's so obvious how big of a part editing plays in this show. I thought the kitchen thing was unfair. All seven girls contributed to the mess, yet she was the only one (and Amanda who kindly dropped in to help) who bothered to clean up after EVERYONE. I honestly think that, although they've had their moments, Yaya and Amanda and Nicole are a lot more decent than Ann, Eva, and even occasionally Norelle. I mean, SHE was the only one who said someone's name in the "Who in the house is most irritating?" thing, and honey, I'm sorry, ignorance is no excuse for bad behaviour.
    If I were Yaya or Amanda or even Nicole I'd probably explode living with the rest of those girls too.
    You mean the one entitled "America's Next Top Maids"? She didn't come off so sweet, at least not to me. She was whining (like she expected the NuKitchen guys to tell the other girls to clean up the mess? That's HER problem more than it is THEIRS.) and complaining. And she had a slightly reproachful, slightly condescending tone when she asked the other girls, so I'm not surprised they didn't comply. I'm not justifying anyone being a slob, or failing to clean up their own mess, however. Heck, in college, I got pissed at my two roommates because I was always taking the trash out, nobody else ever did. I complained up to a certain point, but it did no good. At that point, I stopped complaining and stopped enabling them. I put my own trash in a separate container and continued to take mine out, and let their trash just pile up in bag after bag until they finally took it out. It smelled like hell. It took FIVE WEEKS. But the point was made.

I kind of doubt Yaya goes ballistic. Even when she is clearly mad she is very calm and collected. My money's on Ann if she makes it, and Eva if she doesn't.

I was wondering if Elyse will make a guest appearance on the show in Tokyo. I think her LiveJournal said something about her in Tokyo

That would be nice. I'd love to see her.

I don't think Elyse was in Tokyo while the show was filming, and I doubt she'd make an appearance if she were. Unfortunately.

Certified Snarkypants SaucyRedhead77's Avatar
    No, I wasn't referring exclusively to the America's Next Top Maids clip, although I can understand why that would make anyone a little cranky, but in the rest of the clips, she came off as sweet and decent. In any case, I completely understand her getting testy when nobody else wanted to clean up. I go to boarding school, trust me, I know what that crap is like. If I had camera's on me 24/7 they could make me, or anyone, look like a completely different person. Sometimes I just have to remind myself of that when I watch the show.

I don't think Elyse was in Tokyo while the show was filming, and I doubt she'd make an appearance if she were. Unfortunately.
    That's such a dissapoinment. I've noticed that the best contestant ever never appear in any ANTM show after that. No specials she appered on, no guest appearance......