Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Location for episode 9 spoiler

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar

Location for episode 9 spoiler

The girls are going to tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by guillermoluvsme
    The girls are going to tokyo
    That doesn't sound exotic to me. I was thinking more of Rio de Janeiro.

yea i was thinking a tropical place, but i guess tokyo can be exotic if exoctic means weird.

Omg I Love Japan!
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius."
    ~Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

the clip for where they go is actually on the official website

Couture Connoisseur
    I knew they were going to Tokyo a long time ago. not with any official knowlege or anything i just knew from putting the puzzle together. first season the penthouse was catagorized by the rooms nammed after cities of high fashion or the fashion capitols of the world. there was Miami, Tokyo, New York, Paris, and Milan. London is a capitol too, but i don't know if that was actually a room. their trip for the final 4 was to Paris, which is the High Fashion capitol. (Haute Couture). Then in the second season they go to Milan, which is the city of Sexy Fashion. since they're already living in New York (sport and ready-to-wear fashion) they can't get a trip there and i'm sure all the girls would be terribly depressed if they only got to go to Miami (i don't even know what Miami is famous for... rollerblade fashion, haha). So the only places left were England and Japan, and i think Tyra and the Producers wanted a big wow-factor for the girls so they would send them to Tokyo(Avant Garde Fashion).

so ends my rant.

i picked up on that oo vivican, why is miami a fashion capital??? i am glad they will go to tokyo, i am interested to see how they communicate, you know get around in season one some spoke french and season two yoanna spoke italian i am sure no one speaks japanese. ugh the food is horrible in tokyo they are gonna not eat i bet.

Kao
    Tokyo is frigging awesome, they are going to have a great time!

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Miami isn't so much of a fashion capital as far as major designers based there (no offense to any Miami based designers), but european fashion editors LOVE Miami for photo shoots, commercials and stuff.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

guillermoluvsme, did you have a bad experience in Tokyo or something?

I've been convinced that Tokyo is the destination since the season began. I'm Japanese, I love Tokyo, and I think it's a good destination for up-and-coming American models... possibly more so than Paris and Milan, the more prominent fashion capitals. I can't wait to see the girls react to Japan and hear them mangle up the language.

I must mention that the black girls may be at a slight disadvantage. To make a sweeping generalization, people of African descent are "trendy" in Japan right now, but they don't exactly reflect the physical aspirations of most Japanese women. You would be amazed by the amount of skin whitening treatments, etc. still popular in this day and age. Anyway, hopefully the fashion people there will see the beauty in Yaya and Eva. They're both cute girls - good luck to them.

Oops, I'm acting 100% positive, when really it should be more like 99%.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast