Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Location for episode 9 spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    I must mention that the black girls may be at a slight disadvantage. To make a sweeping generalization, people of African descent are "trendy" in Japan right now, but they don't exactly reflect the physical aspirations of most Japanese women. You would be amazed by the amount of skin whitening treatments, etc. still popular in this day and age. Anyway, hopefully the fashion people there will see the beauty in Yaya and Eva.
    interesting. i know about the skin whitening products, popular in china as well. i for one always considered trendy and copy-worthy to be two separate things anyway

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    Nah. Really 17 hours.
    beauty is only skin deep.

17-20, it's all the same. I've flown to Tokyo before and the flight just seemed to drag on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by funkalicious
    Salome, your asian? WoW! I love tokyo, it seems like a funky place although i've never been there before
    Technically, 1/2 & Dad's French, raised in California. So I'm no expert on current Japanese culture. (But, lamarkdotcom, watch out! I agree that Norelle has a cute "hapa" look, but "happa" means leaf or... marijuana. )

Don't worry, I'm not going to go all Yaya and harp on any misrepresentations or what not (already apparent from the one-second preview). I'm just excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Technically, 1/2 & Dad's French, raised in California. So I'm no expert on current Japanese culture. (But, lamarkdotcom, watch out! I agree that Norelle has a cute "hapa" look, but "happa" means leaf or... marijuana. )

Don't worry, I'm not going to go all Yaya and harp on any misrepresentations or what not (already apparent from the one-second preview). I'm just excited.
    Oh gorgeous mix!

I'm half Korean and half Black, and I'd love it if my dad was half Japanese half Black I'd love to have a bit of Japanese in my history. It's just a culture I'd like to be associated with.

Well, if there was any doubt, it's just been dismissed. The commercial for next week's episode came on, and Tyra specifically said "Tokyo". Bad news for Ann, she might have been better off if she'd gotten cut a week earlier. I can't see a girl afraid of flying taking a flight across country, a refueling, then a flight all the way across the Pacific very well. Jamaica was bad enough, but far closer than Japan. And the air turbulence over Japan is notorious, IIRC.

I wouldn't blame Eva a bit if she refused to deal with Ann's drama queen nonsense for a 17 - 20 hour flight, especially after Ann was so nasty about Eva's spider phobia.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Oh gorgeous mix!

I'm half Korean and half Black, and I'd love it if my dad was half Japanese half Black I'd love to have a bit of Japanese in my history. It's just a culture I'd like to be associated with.
    Oh my god what a beautiful combination! Im so jealous

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123