Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Far Will This Season's Winner Go?

FORT Regular

How Far Will This Season's Winner Go?

Do you think she will actually achieve Top Model status?
    Yoanna is doing alright, I think. But I just read Adrianne is going to be doing next years Surreal Life. Thats depressing.

So, how well will this year's girl do? I think it obviously depends on the girl, but I think the prizes this year should help. Elle is def. a step up, and the Covergirl campaign should add to the exposure.

What do you guys think?

FORT Regular
    I don't think the winner will go far because they are tv reality show tokkens. They are too old, most are too short, and after the last show, most don't have the right type of body. You can give someone a prize, but you can't give them pop culture status. And plus, it is nice to see celebrities doing high profile ads. They have more personality and people all ready love them. It's hard to love a walking rack, and somebody who can smile pretty for the camera. Reality show fame is fleeting. And, as with the others, it is less than life changing.

Quote Originally Posted by moonlightfire
    I don't think the winner will go far because they are tv reality show tokkens. They are too old, most are too short, and after the last show, most don't have the right type of body. You can give someone a prize, but you can't give them pop culture status. And plus, it is nice to see celebrities doing high profile ads. They have more personality and people all ready love them. It's hard to love a walking rack, and somebody who can smile pretty for the camera. Reality show fame is fleeting. And, as with the others, it is less than life changing.
    yeah it might come to a point where it's just pure cheese (that's already kind of happening now isn't it?)

I think Ann actually has a chance though, to become a successful model. Not a top model but can still make a career out of it. I can see her doing like, the black and white Calvin Klein ads and stuff. Sexy and grungy, and she doesn't need tons of make-up on her.

If anyone wins other than Nicole or YaYa, then I hope they absolutely tank in the industry. N&Y are the only two girls I like, so I'm hoping that they go far if they win and even if they don't win.

If it's neither one them, then I could care less what happens with the "Winner." I hope she fades away into oblivion - especially if the winner is Amanda (and to a slightly lesser extent Norelle).

Certified Snarkypants SaucyRedhead77's Avatar
    Adrianne's gonna be on the surreal life? That show is so degrading, that's really crappy.

Anti All Things CoverGirl
    Strangely, I think the girls who come in second and third are most likely to have great careers as working models.

FORT Regular
    I think whoever comes in 3rd tends to be the real winner...Look at Elyse and Shandi. Ive seen Shandi on the runway far more than Yoanna.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar
    I read some time ago that Adrienne chose to go to South Africa where there really are quite alot of jobs but a lot of models choose not to go to. That may be why we dont see much of her. Actually, I do see Ann making it pretty far in the industry. She's pretty much built for it, physically and she's got a great tv personality, IMHO, though some might debate over this..
    Toccara also has a personality that could possibly win her exposure in the entertainment industry but I dont see her winning this, or being a top model.

FORT Fogey
    It seems the time of the "supermodel" is pretty much over. Even the big models of today you barely hear anything about as much as you did 10-15 years ago. So I doubt anyone on this show will go really far in terms of modeling. Sure they might get work but if your looking for a star then you wont find it on this show. Thats why I dont know why Tyra seemed offened when Julie said she wanted to do other things. Modeling is a short career and while they make good money, few today are actually making a name for themselves outside that world. Everyone knows Naomi, Tyra, Cindy, Christy, Heidi but I doubt any of these girls from any season will have household names. Maybe they can if they get into acting or some other form of entertainment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast