Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Whyy did they pick this group?

FORT Fogey
    I like Janice... I can't believe I said that but I find her personality to be hilarious... and not just becuase she's mean or stupid but I really like her.

Anti All Things CoverGirl
    I think they picked this group because "real" high fashion models (ie: the ones posted in that other thread) are disturbing to look at - at least to me.

Glad to hear most of you are on board with this. If Tyra wants to find model potential in girls who apparently have none (in some cases) then the show should be called something else. Anyway, when did this wierd yearning of hers start? The first two season had people "who coulda been a contendah". Drama and photoshoots aside, it's just a bit naff to know that some people are going to go so quickly because of lack of talent or, erm, lack of attractiveness (!). To paraphrase Yoanna, "Where's the mystery, people?" I don't want to see it coming a mile off who's going to be the first 5 or more to go.

Finally, I know she's shortish, but when the got Kristi out of the photo, I thought now there's a face I'm intrigued by (Eva). And a number of you have been defending Cassie and Jennipher (height-wise), but both of them have pretty dull faces IMO. Doesn't mean they can't make a living at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Martin
    I think that this show has no idea what makes a top model. Just look at the people judging this show. Tyra with her big 80's hair and tramped out look is so out of touch of what is hot right now in the modeling world. she is so washed out. Speaking of wash outs. Janice Dickenson- before this show I had never heard of her name. If she was the "first" supermodel she wouldn't need this show to make a name for herself and push her public persona. And those mos: Mrs Jay, Mr Jay, and that ugly stylist. Just look at them. I would never trust an opinion from a small fat guy with a ugly dog and a bleach blond queer with a look that is so circa 1998. And the photographer Nigel Barker- what has he done lately- if he was a good photographer he would be booked doing photo shoots not in this judging panel.
    As for the girls, they are trashy. Where are the darias, natalias, stams, and liyas. These ATNM girls will never get booked for anything just like their predecessors Adrianne and saggy skin Yoanna. This show is so lame!!!
    Chris I love Tyra and her many accomplishments including this Reality Show and her super fine fiancee Chris Webber. I won't consider Tyra washed up or out as long as she can get acting parts and look hot on a Victoria Secret runway and modeling swim wear. But I know where you are coming from and have thought many of the same thoughts. As if the whole Mrs. Jay and Mr. Jay thing was not enough the addition of the dresses for Mrs. Jay this week really was over the top. I had never heard of those Party Monster designers. They kept reminding of the Party Monster movie actors and the real life Party Monster people. I wonder why the real Party Monsters that the movie was based on did not figure out that they could also become famous designers instead of committing crimes and going to prison.

I thought Janice Dickerson was much older than she is. Her extensive plastic surgery in between seasons has helped to improve her sagging face. I had never heard of her until she wrote a tell all book about all the celebrity men she ever slept with. There are many more models around her age and older that are much better known like Christy Brinkley, Cheryl Tiegs, Carol Alt, Iman, and Beverly Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    All you have to do is look at the ads that Queen Latifah is doing for Revlon? to see that BIG and BLACK are beautiful.
    It was nice to see Queen Latifah singing on Cover Girl ads. But as someone else pointed out, she got those ads due to her other talents and fame and not based on her size. Queen Latifah has also had extensive breast reduction surgery and works out with a personal trainer who won a Fear Factor episode. She has been working out to lose weight for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I
    It seems to me there are a lot of different ethnic types this season?
    Magdalena Maria Rivas discussed being Hispanic before she was cut.

FORT Fogey
    black is beautiful, but no more beautiful than white, yellow, red. they are all beautiful in different ways.

big isn't beautiful. big is unhealthy and leads to all sorts of problems. people saying big is beautiful is a big part of why society is getting fatter and sicker. read the national geographic article about fat from eariler this year or watch the news - every doctor will tell you that big isn't beautiful and its unhealthy.

Big is different from obese. Or at least I think so.

A-men African Queen! You know, you always hear women talking about "working well together" "nurturing", yada yada yada, but the truth is we all really want to be the "mother"; you know, the one who gets to give the orders, run the house, and generally have things her way!
    As for Tyra worrying about anyone threatening her position in the modeling world, I doubt it. She's about to be past her prime as a model anyway, and seems more interested in branching out into other areas now. Besides, she's so well known it would be damn near impossible for a contestant on this show to ever catch up, at least before Tyra becomes a grandmommy!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

200 in the butt, what? peternelsn's Avatar
    LOL This would be the most unwatchable show if they cast it as everyone was suggesting it. It's a TV show (read entertainment). It must have viewers to attract advertisers. What network would want to broadcast 14 year old model wannabe models throw away their childhood for high fashion? The only advertisers they could attract would be laxatives, cigarettes, and Calvin Klein.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisastory
    I think they picked this group because "real" high fashion models (ie: the ones posted in that other thread) are disturbing to look at - at least to me.
    Peter
    The Dude Abides