Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Whyy did they pick this group?

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by AfricanQueen
    Whereever you have a bunch of women living together, there'll always be drama.
    Exactly.

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    i do agree with Elfgirl, they chose an "interesting" bunch of candidates; and I would love to see a "cycle" in which the candidates are more likely to meet the Janice Dickinson size/height/weight seal of approval; but maybe that's another show...

I think part of the premise of this show is to choose a group of girls who aren't obviously models and then hopefully turn out a crop of at least a few potentials. Tyra said she purposely picks girls who have traits that would get them turned away from agencies without ANTM. The diversity - in terms of height, weight, shape, age, background, etc. - is supposed to make the show more interesting.

FORT Regular
    I don't think it's a bad group, but I know they could have done better. My only real gripe with the show, is the ages of the girls. If Tyra was serious about making these girls top models, she wouldn't cast anyone over 19. I mean, there are girls who are 25! That's pretty old to start modeling. If Tyra wants so bad for them to know what it's like in the modeling world, she herself should be a little more realistic with the casting.

I have seen Tyra say in TV interviews that she turned away some really beautiful women because they did not have the right personality for a TV show.

I did not watch all of season 2. This season just seems to be about all sorts of negative drama instead of a show that you can take remotely serious about finding someone that actually has the potential to be a Top or Super Model. The title of the series should be America's Aspiring Models.

Nobody would hire a 25 year old mother who is almost blind to be a Super Model without prior experience. Then Amanda's paranoia and delusions of being a fem fatal are just wearing thin and not interesting drama. I would have rather seen a serious contender in Amanda's place.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Re: Toccara. She can do regular modelling! I'd love to see her in a fashion magazine personally. Plus the larger size market is increasing exponentially (no pun intended) so there are more and more opportunities for bigger girls. I even saw an ad for ( I think it was skin cream ? ) that made a point of using a larger model even though the product was not size-specific.
    All you have to do is look at the ads that Queen Latifah is doing for Revlon? to see that BIG and BLACK are beautiful.

I'd like to see Lane Bryant, with their new, gorgeous clothes, use Tocarra as their model!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    All you have to do is look at the ads that Queen Latifah is doing for Revlon? to see that BIG and BLACK are beautiful.

I'd like to see Lane Bryant, with their new, gorgeous clothes, use Tocarra as their model!

I get what you're saying...but Queen Latifah is more an actress and the pattern of using actors to promote products is what's popular. In other words, what other big and black women have you seen in those Cover Girl ads or any other ads for that matter?

Tocarra is a pretty girl and I think big girls should model too. More than that though, I'd like to start seeing more different ethnicities on ANTM.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    I get what you're saying...but Queen Latifah is more an actress and the pattern of using actors to promote products is what's popular. In other words, what other big and black women have you seen in those Cover Girl ads or any other ads for that matter?

Tocarra is a pretty girl and I think big girls should model too. More than that though, I'd like to start seeing more different ethnicities on ANTM.
    I don't tend to know plus-size models names (my bad). But lately I've seen one black model for skin cream. And one for bras.

Different Ethnicities?

Black: Ya ya, Kelle, Toccarra, Eva

Asian (Indian): Julie

Norelle: Asian? ( I definetely see her having some Asian ancestors. Specifically Japanese).

Jenniper: Indian/Native American (Again, not fully but I definetely see her having some Native ancestors).

It seems to me there are a lot of different ethnic types this season?

FORT Newbie

These girls will not make it

I think that this show has no idea what makes a top model. Just look at the people judging this show. Tyra with her big 80's hair and tramped out look is so out of touch of what is hot right now in the modeling world. she is so washed out. Speaking of wash outs. Janice Dickenson- before this show I had never heard of her name. If she was the "first" supermodel she wouldn't need this show to make a name for herself and push her public persona. And those mos: Mrs Jay, Mr Jay, and that ugly stylist. Just look at them. I would never trust an opinion from a small fat guy with a ugly dog and a bleach blond queer with a look that is so circa 1998. And the photographer Nigel Barker- what has he done lately- if he was a good photographer he would be booked doing photo shoots not in this judging panel.
    As for the girls, they are trashy. Where are the darias, natalias, stams, and liyas. These ATNM girls will never get booked for anything just like their predecessors Adrianne and saggy skin Yoanna. This show is so lame!!!

FORT Fogey
    Chris, that post insults me. Tyra isn't washed up - she's MOVED ON. She's changed her look to suit her new persona. She's not a supermodel anymore, in the classic sense of the term. Janice, although I take issue with her insistance she was the world's first supermodel, is very much in tune with modelling, although I do worry that she is a tad out of tune with modern looks.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-17-2004 at 01:02 AM.